StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions 100 Day Challenge New Edition??

• 100 Day Challenge New Edition??

Posted by Porshka on May 15, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Help me!!!  I came across a thread where people did a 100 day challenge…anyone want to do a new one?  

It seems like no matter what I try, I cannot get out of this terrible rut of eating crap, drinking beer after work and skipping workouts and stretching CONSTANTLY.  Oh, did I mention sleeping too late while at the same time getting no rest, feeling dehydrated constantly and ugh…smoking?

My husband is no help, this lifestyle suits him just fine and I have no poling/fitness friends whatsoever.  I am just trapped in this cycle of terrible habits and then being furious with myself.  I have been poling for almost a year and I still suck!  I spent all this money on DVDs that I never use…I am just so frustrated and starting to feel quite desperate.

Anyway, I am not trying to wallow, but I thought I would reach out and see if anyone else is going through something similar, or at least would be interested in doing a 100-day challenge with me?  Or at least just say something to motivate me?  I know I sound whiney and pathetic, but…

When I can get into a good groove I can be very disciplined, but I just can't seem to get it togther…Thoughts?

JhennD replied 12 years ago 38 Members · 92 Replies
  • 92 Replies
  • PlatinumAni

May 15, 2012 at 10:37 pm

What kind of challenge do you have in mind? I am always up for a new pole friend. This place is amazingly supportive, you've came to the right place.

• Porshka

May 15, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Thank you!  There is a post where members sort of set their own rules initially and then just check in weekly with their progress.  For me, it would probably consist of pole/flexibility progress, some weightloss (not a major concern for me but I would like to drop 15 lbs) and healthy living.  For me, that would include mostly not drinking or smoking.  If I'm not drinking, I pretty much eat very healthily – I tend to crave fruits and vegetables.  Mostly workout stuff for me.  I guess setting goals and then working on meeting them?

• PlatinumAni

May 16, 2012 at 12:21 am

Ok then how about a goal to have our goals tied down by Friday. 🙂

• Porshka

May 16, 2012 at 12:59 am

Sounds very good; I will begin getting some attainable, concrete goals!  I'm excited!

• CreativityBySteffie

May 16, 2012 at 3:11 am

This is a great idea! I've been quite desperate about getting better at pole lately. I just rounded 1 year and I also feel like I still suck. Can others join in? 😀

• Porshka

May 16, 2012 at 10:57 am

Yes, of course!  

• Porshka

May 16, 2012 at 11:10 am

Question…what is a good way to make goals for pole improvement?  Like, getting stronger or nailing a trick?  Because everyone will progress differently, how do you set a time-line?  Also, how often does everyone work on their pole?

• Jeny

May 16, 2012 at 12:05 pm

You are not alone. I am like that too. I am overweight and despite the fact that I know I have to lose weight and want to and need to I just cant seem to stick to something long enough. My husband loves to eat and the lazy lifestyle so yeah I can sooo understand what you are goin through.

I took a pole lessons like 3 years ago and love it but I dont have time to go to class so I invested in my own pole. I figured I would like to self teach myself with veena online but because I am overweight and no flexibility whatsoever I have to start from scratch and aim to progress slowly.

I am keen on this 100 day challenge. I am going to phuket in october, a bikini body would be timely haha.

• Porshka

May 16, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Cool…so Friday, May 18 will be our start date….

• CreativityBySteffie

May 16, 2012 at 12:29 pm

I usually like to set goals monthly. ( and continue the goals I dont reach the month after) 

I think this months,it is improvement of strenght,flexibilty and the star. I have learned to grip with my knee pit so far, but my foot slides right of. 

• Raphy696

May 16, 2012 at 1:23 pm

I've never tried setting pole goals or goals for losing weight or keeping fit. . . I've lost 75lbs over 2 years and I'm still trying to stay fit and lose more weight, I pole about 3 times a week and jog 4 times a week but i would like to be more focus on this art that i am interested in . . . . I would love to do the 100 day challenge I think it'll me with setting goals . . . 

• Porshka

May 17, 2012 at 11:36 am

Am I counting correctly that the final day is 25 August?

• HyperHorsegirl

May 17, 2012 at 12:09 pm

My studio is doing a 90 Day challenge currently and I'm on day 17 with that. We have to focus on health eating, working out regularly, and getting to the studio three times a week for a class (open pole doesn't count). I need to get more fit and I'm starting Insanity on June 4th with my boyfriend. Still, I'd love to extend the challenge and do something with you guys too.

I'll try to have some goals worked out by tomorrow.

• TreePoles

May 17, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Oh this sounds like an exciting challenge! 

I remember joining a challenge similar to this but it was hula hooping for 30 minutes each day for 30 days. You had to log in the site daily and write how long you hooped for each day, it kept me motivated seeing everyone daily comments.

I shall have to give it some thought this evening …for tomorrow is Friday!! (:

• CreativityBySteffie

May 17, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Im working on the goals for this right now! 😀 

Page 1 of 7