StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions 2011 February Challenge

• tiggertail

January 20, 2011 at 11:12 am

Hooked you'e not that old, i still have a lot of vinyl 45 and 33, I just can't put them to the garbage i love the sound of it 🙂

• hookedonpole

January 20, 2011 at 11:38 am

I wish I would have kept mine.  I had so many 45's, would have been fun to have.  You wouldn't believe the first song I bought for a little record player I got for Christmas when I was around 10 yrs old!  Couldn't believe I found it on amazon.com.    Thanks for age support, my dear veneers, haha

• polergirl

January 20, 2011 at 11:49 am

OMG, I think my first album was Wham. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_confused.gif  How embarassed am I??

• nymphdancer

January 20, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Styxx Mr roboto and Journey Escape…….yeah so not happening.

• Katherine McKinney

January 20, 2011 at 6:15 pm

I think it might have been <i>Down on the Upside</i> by Soundgarden. That would be fun! Either that or the Soundtrack to <i>Best Man</i>.

• SissyBuns

January 20, 2011 at 7:51 pm

This one makes me think back…waaaaay back LOL. I can't remember what the first song I had was….my first memories of owning an actual tape (this was waaay before CD's) I think was TLC or Brandy….possibly 2pac. LOL

• nymphdancer

January 20, 2011 at 7:54 pm

ok true confession time. My FIRST album I bought I got at a yard sale. I can't tell you who it was because I hated the music. I bought it because it had naked people on it (and yes chemgoddess I can hear you laughing from here) just going to prove I was always a bit of a naughty nymph.

• glitterhips

January 20, 2011 at 8:26 pm

haha I am on the tragic kingdom bandwagon too i still vividly remember buying it at cocunuts haha too funny! i should have my cast off by feb so i will try to do it 🙂

• Reyn

January 20, 2011 at 10:10 pm

rofl well I guess I'll have to jump on with the Paula Abdul album. As a child my grandmother found a tape at a yardsale… when she found out it was absolutely NOT gospel music, I took it before she trashed it.. I was in love with Paula Abdul rofl

• litlbit

January 20, 2011 at 10:39 pm

LOL…my 1st album was the Temptations…it was a VINYL RECORD!!  WOW…black and white TV then too!! LMAO!!!

• willowbreath

January 21, 2011 at 7:31 am

Hmm….first album "bought" or first owned? First album owned was KISS, err..I think it was Love Machine? It was the one of them standing in all their makeup, back when Ace and Peter Kriss were still part of the group, and at their feet were about 20 sexy girls wearing kiss makeup. (I think I was about 5?) First album bought would probably be Duran Duran. Still have a mad crush on John Taylor. Apparently he has yet to get the universal memo that I want a ride on his daym boat while I pose on the bow in a bikini. *giggling  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_heart1.gif

• Polkadotpoler

January 21, 2011 at 7:35 am

I was going for the first album or single you ever bought yourself but it doesn't make any difference. The first albums I was bought were Kylie Minogue and Peter Andre (the Special Edition!!) Either way, I have an extremely unfortunate song choice. 

• stuffy

January 21, 2011 at 8:03 am

lol  good idea.  mine was new kids on the block.  hangin' tough!!!   I love joey!!! 

• Runemist34

January 21, 2011 at 10:25 am

I just realized…the first album I ever "owned" was actually 2 of them, and they are…erm, somewhat embarrassing!

The first was C&C Music factory, best known for their songs "Everybody Dance Now" and "Things that make you go Hmm", and…well, it could be fun!

The other one (even more embarrassingly) was Nineh Cherry, who was a young woman and did bad 80's rap and R&B, and…yeah. Horrible stuff. For some reason, I still enjoy it.

I even purchased the CD's when I lost the tapes! Oh man >_<

Have to do pirate me some C&C music factory now. Excuse me…   >_>

• Charley

January 21, 2011 at 11:10 am

LOL, my first CD was an EP of Sheryl Crows If It Makes You Happy.  That could be a fun dance, I traditionally dance to lilith fair type music anyway.

Page 2 of 4