StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions 2014 January Challenge!

• 2014 January Challenge!

Posted by Veena on January 3, 2014 at 12:48 pm

It’s a New Year and maybe time to work on some new moves?? Member ERIN6907 suggested we do a challenge that shows the START of working on a new move and continue tracking progress though the month or however long you work on it! I loved this idea!

Here’s how it will work.
    1 Pick a move you’d like to work on it could be pole, flexibility, hooping, floor work, handstands whatever.

2 Track a small bit of progress each session to share with all of us! You can track your progress by video if your handy with editing so you can piece it together as one, or by photo!

3 Wait to share your photo album or video with us once you’ve reached a point where you’ve collected enough attempts to share! It does not have to be perfect, the goal is to see IMPROVEMENT! This might take all month or only a few tries.

NOTE: I’ll say it again, please share even if what you’ve decided to work on isn’t perfected (in your mind) we are looking for improvement. If you conquer one move and would like to do more feel free!!!

Cantetinza17 replied 10 years, 8 months ago 38 Members · 50 Replies
  • 50 Replies
  • Carrington

January 3, 2014 at 8:17 pm

I’m in…V invert is my move…

• Carrington

January 3, 2014 at 8:23 pm

Correction v-invert dare I say into Gemini… here’s hoping..

• Runemist34

January 3, 2014 at 8:29 pm

I love the idea! I’m going to work on some plans for this month, and see what it is I’m really going to work on… but I’m thinking my challenge this month is to get that basic invert under control!

• redlotuselizabeth

January 3, 2014 at 8:35 pm

Shoulder mount for me. I need to get back to spending more consistent time with my pole.

• Kate O

January 4, 2014 at 7:49 am

I like it! Might give it a go with Scorpio 🙂

• Skullpixie

January 4, 2014 at 9:05 am

I’ll go for splits and jade as I’m already working on these together 🙂

• tiggertail

January 4, 2014 at 10:30 am

Perfect for me! since i’m back at it making video of the improvment will help me with motivation for sure…now pick a move 🙂

• NinaRockNPole

January 4, 2014 at 11:01 am

oooh I love this challenge … would be my first w/ Veena and you pole-ladies and my pole. Now I have to think about a move or trick … probably Butterfly or flatline but not sure yet. 🙂

• graceful weakling

January 4, 2014 at 11:12 am

Thia sounds like great fun !! I am thinking shoulder mount & dismount ( did my first controlled dismount on Thursday !! ) Maybe shoulder mount to butterfly IDK I need to work on my orientation once inverted I get confused when my hands are involved ! Hands free hangs Im fine 🙂 Yay challenge

• Alexis Corinne

January 4, 2014 at 12:40 pm

Pole climb and fireman

• dustbunny

January 4, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Oh I have so many ideas… Shoulder dismount, Shouldermount flip (to sit on pole), Aysha. We’ll see what happens.

• frenchhornprof

January 4, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Love this idea. So many choices, but I’m excited to video document the evolution of a trick.

• korinne

January 4, 2014 at 4:40 pm

A better backbend!!! 🙂

• Veena

Administrator
    January 4, 2014 at 4:42 pm

I think I’ll keep working on the Eclipse, I have some footage left from my very first attempts I can use!

• Polebull

January 4, 2014 at 7:21 pm

Already started working on Kenneth Kao’s signature shoulder flip today!

Page 1 of 4