StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions 2015 Splits Challenge

• Gizy

February 3, 2015 at 4:15 pm

Oh, I’m sorry I forgot to post this one, taken in 10th of January 2015. The ones above this, are from today.

• TexasBeachDancer

February 3, 2015 at 5:13 pm

progress is progress.. no matter how small. LOL I do believe I’ll have a side split by June, but the center will take me till the end of the year. 🙂

• neli32

February 7, 2015 at 2:29 am

I am in too

• AllysonKendal

February 9, 2015 at 7:15 pm

Updates.

• s3r3nkk3

February 10, 2015 at 5:45 pm

Oh I looove this challenge, please count me in! I started splits training last summer hoping to getto my splits by Christmas but then stopped training altogether so I really needed some motivation!! I am glad I found tris thread, thank you for starting it! I have some pittures in my profile showing where I was last summer with my splits, I intend to post some new ones now I have resumed flexibility training more consistently using Veena’s lessons. I will keep an eye on this thread, thank you everyone for beeng so inspiring.

• s3r3nkk3

February 11, 2015 at 5:58 pm

Ok guys so this is where I stand today compared to last July when I started splits stretching for the first time in my life.
    I think I have progressed a little on my side splits but I am still where I was with my middle splits (from the pictures it seems I have improved those as well but it’s just an optical illusion due to the differemt camera angle… sigh).
    Looking forward to following everyone elses’s training this year!

• s3r3nkk3

February 11, 2015 at 6:06 pm

And here is some bridge progress. Still a lot of work to do!

• AllysonKendal

February 17, 2015 at 7:38 am

How is everyone doing?

I had a really bad stretching session yesterday. So tight 🙁 Don’t know if it’s because I stretched really long/deep on Saturday…or because it’s 9F here (-12C). I felt warm after my hot hot shower though, and I still warmed up a lot… But the cold just finds a way to ruin things :/

• Phoenix Hunter

February 19, 2015 at 12:00 am

These are my middle, right and left splits. these are after a pole class. I’m not really stretched out that much. I feel like I can get a little bit lower somedays after my flexibility routine. but this is what I can comfortably do after being moderately warmed up from just dancing. also my front splits are VERY out of square because I am wearing 7 1/2 inch heels. I always stretch my splits square when I am training – ummm yeah, they dont go down quite this far square. but working on them square helps me to get a more comfortable unsquare split when dancing. I feel like my middle splits are lower when I am doing them. this is the first time I have actually seen what they look like behind. I feel like I am gonna have to actually do oversplits in my middle splits in order to get flat on the ground because I have a big booty and big thighs holding me off the ground. haha! but Im not complaining. last may I tore my left hamstring. I am so grateful that I am even able to do any kind of split after that injury. I am grateful for what I have and I will just keep being patient and consistent. they will get even better over time. 🙂 this is after stretching pretty consistently for a Year and 3 months. I usually only do flexibility training for 1 hour twice a week. on a good week 3 times. on a bad week 1 time. I try to keep it a a reasonable level that overwhelm me. I am happy! 🙂

• Phoenix Hunter

February 19, 2015 at 12:08 am

also, I wish I had before pics when I first started over a year ago. I couldnt bend forward and touch my toes!! my sitting straddle was sooooooo bad! my “splits” were a couple feet off the ground at the very least. I’m hoping to get nice flat, square splits eventually and maybe oversplits if my body wants to eventually do that. if not, i’m okay with that. I will try to get a pic of my not so flat squared splits soon. they are not pretty but I now they will progress.

• Beccaf87

February 19, 2015 at 10:19 am

I would like to join in as well. My hamstrings are incredibly tight. I am hoping that getting back into pole and stretching will help. I also will be adding touching my toes as a goal. I can barely go past my knees! 🙁

• Runemist34

February 19, 2015 at 10:31 am

Wow, Phoenix, you look awesome in those pictures! Your splits look great to me 🙂 And it’s nice to know that I’m not the only one who tries to keep those splits square whenever possible!

I’ll have pictures for the end of Feb up soon… but I’m not expecting much (or any) progress. I was stuck, sick, on a week off and feel like I lost a bunch of flexibility! I could almost touch the ground with my feet slightly apart, and now… not so much. Ugh! Silly hamstrings.

I’m also going to try to pick up Felix Cane’s flexibility routine- I have her DVD set, and that was probably the best of all of them, very thorough. So, I’m interested to see if it helps me! Once I have the moves down, it’ll be a lot easier for me to stretch after running, too.

I don’t usually do my flexibility training for that long- maybe 20 minutes? So, are you ladies holding your poses a really long time, or do you have a huge variety of them to do, and hold each for like a minute? Do you find more benefit in holding your poses for longer than a minute (as in, does it help in the long term, or just for that session)?

Happy stretching 😉

• Beccaf87

February 19, 2015 at 11:01 am

Well here are my initial photos. After a really hot shower and quick warm up. With proper warm up I could probably go a little further but not much.

• Phoenix Hunter

February 19, 2015 at 8:55 pm

thank you Runemist! 🙂 I try to hold stretches for 90seconds. sinking a little bit deeper each 30seconds. if I feel good after that I may do the stretch again for a 2nd or 3rd time. usually my body relaxed alot after that first stretch. I will hold my splits for 2minutes max. I really like how Veena does her stretches. first holding a light, then medium,then deep stretch. thinking about flexibility in that way has helped alot. I used to just try to do my deepest stretch from the start, all it did was make my muscles tighten up and not relax

• Runemist34

February 19, 2015 at 11:03 pm

That’s actually really interesting to do! I hadn’t considered stretching that way 🙂 It’s been a while since I looked at Veena’s flexibility lessons, obviously! I’m gonna try it tomorrow, after my run, and see how it goes!

Page 10 of 17