• I polekat I

February 27, 2015 at 11:49 am

A variety of my feb splitsy progress =]

• Tovah

March 1, 2015 at 5:30 pm

ok I’m in.

• Little Swift

March 2, 2015 at 3:16 pm

No picture for this month’s update. Just wanted to say I’m still in and working on it. Love warming up by playing basketball with my sons, and using the foam roller is awesome. What a great invention!

• Carrington

March 2, 2015 at 6:51 pm

Slow but I see some progress

• AllysonKendal

March 2, 2015 at 7:06 pm

Some things are coming along better than others…

• Beccaf87

March 3, 2015 at 8:29 am

Not too much progress. Only just started. I ordered some yoga blocks and a foam roller today so that should help. I was wondering if you ladies do normal stretching every day or after every pole session? And then do you have specific flexibility training days? I am trying to figure out the best way to approach this. Maybe my normal stretches 2-3x week and then flex training once a week. Feeling a little lost.

• AllysonKendal

March 3, 2015 at 8:57 am

My routine is pretty much:

Monday I take and early evening shower and stretch for 30-45 minutes (for splits only, hopefully I’ll add back and shoulders in one day, but I’m trying not to overwhelm myself or it will seem daunting)

On Wed I go to pole class where are warm up includes a stretching component but not as much or deep as I do on my own (this does include back and shoulders so they don’t get completely neglected)

Then I TRY and squeeze in another session like Mondays on Friday or Saturday, but some weekends I’m heading from Basketball games to baseball practices to baby showers and I just don’t get a chance.

So my schedule really is 1-2 deep stretching days a week plus 1 decent but not as itense day. I hope that helps some. πŸ™‚

• Beccaf87

March 3, 2015 at 9:52 am

Allyson, thanks! Do you use the splits routines from here? I think my big thing is to not expect quick results. One of the reasons I love pole is because I can see improvements quickly, even if they are very minor (like an extra knee tuck or two). With trying to stretch I lose motivation because it feels I see no progress. Hopefully this thread will keep me motivated. πŸ™‚

• AllysonKendal

March 3, 2015 at 10:54 am

I like Veenas stretching lessons a lot, but I’m just not a video person when I stretch. I’ve done them a few times, and they are helpful (very!) but I like to put on the tv and kind of distract myself from what I’m doing Γ°ΕΈΛœΕ“ So I don’t use Veenas lessons specifically but I use a lot of things I’ve learned from watching them combined with things I’ve picked up other places (class, yoga, Internet) I’m actually a really unfocused person in my personal life (I do focus at work) but I just can’t seem to focus on a video. So I just jot down exercises or stretches and do them while I watch tv. What I do is probably pretty close though… πŸ™‚

• Shannoncmacleod8379

March 3, 2015 at 4:08 pm

I want to join this splits challenge! Is it really possible to do the splits if you’ve just turned 39? I feel like it’s impossible! So..I’m ready and willing to take a year if it actually will work…what a dream come true!! Put it this way I can’t even touch my own toes at the moment and my forward splits are almost in standing position! Any tips anyone has for how and what I need to do would be appreciated!!! Good luck to everyone!!

• Veena

Administrator
    March 3, 2015 at 4:36 pm

Check out the stretching lessons here along with the flexibility routines they have all kinds of tips in them 💜

• epsilonte

March 3, 2015 at 5:32 pm

Hi there! πŸ™‚

I joined this Challenge ages ago, but had my poor little hipflexors injured at that time. Well, now they are fine again, so I finally took some “before” pictures today. πŸ™‚ My right side is pretty good, just very turned out (I want to start oversplitting there to get really flat), left side is not too bad and the middles are horrible. So my main focus for the challenge is improving my middle splits and getting right and left flat. πŸ™‚ (repost because those pictures were HUGE the first time OO)

• epsilonte

March 3, 2015 at 5:32 pm

Ok, pics are still huge, sorry about that… πŸ™ Have to do those differently next time.

• AllysonKendal

March 3, 2015 at 6:03 pm

Yes, if it wasn’t clear in my last post, do check out Veenas lessons on stretching/flexibility. They are extremely helpful. Just because I don’t always do them while watching doesn’t mean I didn’t learn a great deal from them. I still refrence them when I need to. I’m just a slave to the TV Γ°ΕΈΛœΕ“

• Phoenix Hunter

March 3, 2015 at 11:52 pm

just started putting down the yoga block and start my journey for oversplits. dont even care if I get oversplits but hopefully it will get my splits flatter and help stretch my stubborn hip flexors a little more. will post pics soon

Page 12 of 17