StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions 2015 Splits Challenge

• lkloves2pole

December 31, 2014 at 1:00 pm

I’m finally able to post my photos for this challenge. These were taken after a LOT of warming up so I am surprised I got down as far as I did. I have tight hip flexors so my middle split is where I expect it to be…nowhere!

My splits have been an elusive goal but one I am determined to get for 2015! I’ve got the Cleo the Hurricane Rockin’ Legs and Abs video and plan to get regular stretching sessions in daily. It’ll be a challenge because I’ve got a hectic schedule as it is.

• lunababylonia4498

December 31, 2014 at 3:07 pm

This is such a good idea! I also need accountability partners! I started with Cleo’s Rocking Legs’n’abs about three weeks ago, but didn’t do anything for the past week or so… I am posting my picture progress so far…
    P.S. MochaKat, I love that you also took pictures of other poses requiring flexibility; I think you inspired me!

• Neesy118

December 31, 2014 at 3:16 pm

I just saw this! I’m in too!! Splits are one of my goals for 2015. I’ll get my pics in today or tomorrow then probably monthly. 🙂

• PreppyJune

December 31, 2014 at 3:17 pm

Im in for accountability

• TexasBeachDancer

December 31, 2014 at 5:04 pm

I’m determined to learn to do a split by Dec. 31, 2015 for the first time in my life. I’ve decided that nothing is impossible and never let anyone tell you that you won’t be able to do something! In the 6th grade I was told that I could never be a gymnast because I don’t have the flexibility. I believed her… until I turned 52 and had a pole installed in my living room. I’ve been working on my splits for about 2 months religiously. Long way to go, but I’ll get there! Let’s do this everyone!

• flyingchiro

December 31, 2014 at 11:24 pm

I am in, too.
    I am new to this site, and new to pole.
    Once upon a time, I was very flexy. Then raised kids, built a career, put on weight, forgot to exercise – for a few decades. Now the kids are leaving, and the husband is supportive.
    I am shocked to find that I have gotten so stiff in knees and back. I lost 60 lb in the last 2 years. Have been stair stepping and biking, a little TRX. Two months ago, I fell in love with pole.
    So here I am, a beginner in strength, flexibility and never danced in my life. Looking to feel my sexy, lioness, goddess self.
    Here’s to 2015 – may we all achieve our goals, and may they move us towards joy!

• Little Swift

January 1, 2015 at 2:15 pm

Here’s my starting point. For middle splits I may as well just stand up with my legs apart 🙂 Lots of work to do! I’ll be doing Veena’s stretches for splits, as well as Felix Cane’s Flexibility DVD.

• Carrington

January 1, 2015 at 2:38 pm

Little swift..i love your pole space..

• Little Swift

January 1, 2015 at 4:09 pm

Thanks, Oakmama. The living room has been our “art space” – my boys practice their instruments there, and I dance 🙂 Unfortunately, Santa just brought us a TV for Christmas… we’ll have to see how that works out!

• parisrose12123298

January 2, 2015 at 2:42 pm

Splits are my 2015 goal too! I’m in. I’ve been poling for a little over a year now. However I can’t afford the veena lessons to use as a guide. My studio offers a stretch class so I’ll be going to that more. I’ve also resolved to drink more water and stretch after I run.

• Neesy118

January 3, 2015 at 10:07 pm

Here’s my starting point. After all this stretching, my legs are still trembling!

• luvlee

January 4, 2015 at 10:38 am

I will try to get my hubby to take starting point pics tonight when he gets home from work. I will not lie. Mine could be worse, but I am trying to get my 3 block over splits back this year.

• Runemist34

January 4, 2015 at 11:10 am

I’m also going to be getting boyfriend to take my pictures, more than likely tonight or tomorrow. I’m only just getting back to proper exercise after my dental surgery! It seems to be all healed up now, and I CANNOT WAIT to get back on my pole!

• rsk269

January 4, 2015 at 11:47 am

I’m in! Yayyy! This is exciting!

I’ll have to enlist my boyfriend to take the starting photos.

• Ivyfay

January 4, 2015 at 7:34 pm

I’m in! I’m pregnant at the moment, but that’s not going to stop me 😉

Page 4 of 17