StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions 40mm or Fly Gym

• valerie98

December 29, 2012 at 8:59 am

Yes! I LOVE the stand! I use it with the swing! I can’t wait for the warm weather because I’m taking that thing outside! They do take payments! That’s the only way I could get mine!

• Vdub

December 29, 2012 at 9:10 am

@valeria98  One more question (I promise)…does Omni Gym have any manuals or vids to follow?  I notice Flygym offers manuals, trainings, etc.  I ask because I am definitely the visual type when it comes to learning 😉  Thanks so much for all of  your input!

• Vdub

December 29, 2012 at 9:10 am

Ohh, payments could be good!

• valerie98

December 29, 2012 at 9:22 am

I will put one up of me playing arounf on mine.  This video is about the 2nd week I had mine.  I wanted to record it so I could see progress.  While you wait here are some links fot the omni gym!

http://youtu.be/llFY4RaVE18

http://youtu.be/I4oKTTi5oFw

http://youtu.be/zeEZ7RXMbDE

• chemgoddess1

December 29, 2012 at 10:41 am

Vdub, if you search yoga swing on youtube you will come across a TON of videos.

• Vdub

December 29, 2012 at 10:50 am

Hey chemmie, yes I searched and found a ton.  It's easy for me to sit on youtube for HOURS so just wondering if anyone knows of someone that offers good instructional vids so I don't have to sift through them all.  Haven't seen you in awhile 😉  Hope all is well and Happy New Year too you and your hubby.

• Paunobs

December 29, 2012 at 6:05 pm

I have the Fly Gym, I think its personal choice in the end.. Fly ym has extra handles which are good for a variety of moves, than just having the swing part. As for the Pole size I have 40mm brushed brass Xpole Its a bitch for grip, really only gets in on humid days however I like the diameter for some moves . My titanium 45mm is still the best overall!!

• nymphdancer

December 29, 2012 at 7:39 pm

I have been on a 40mm and would never buy one personally. Too small for my hands and for my legs. Didn't like it at all. But my fingers touch around a 50mm. I have a hammock and a fly gym. I would never use the hammock for help with pole moves, not enough stretch to it. But it really boils down to personal preference.  I just need to learn to do more with my fly gym.

• verucablue

December 29, 2012 at 8:25 pm

I would go with a true aerial hammock – you can do almost everything that you can do with the Fly Gym but if you start getting into aerial work you can actually Do hammock with it vs a Fly Gym which you cannot – hammock is so cool 🙂

• hookedonpole

December 30, 2012 at 12:15 am

Thanks for all the replies.  I would only consider a 40mm if it came in titan gold which doesn't sound like it's going to happen.  Plus would want to pole on one to see what it's like.  I'm very thin and don't have much between the legs for thigh holds, etc and would worry about not having enough to hang on with.

Boy, it is personal preferance for fly gym, omni, or yoga hammocks.  I don't have space in the house for the omni, looks like it takes a lot of space.  I say I won't get into aerial work, but got to play on silks one time and loved it!  I was considering fly gym for workouts, stretching, etc.  But goes back to space, the room I have my pole in is kinda small and don't know if I have enough space to hang fly gym up without being in the way of my pole.

Decisions, decisions and I am terrible at decisions.  Glad this thread is helpful to others who had questions.

• Dwiizie

December 30, 2012 at 6:44 am

I’ve been researching all these aerial gym options. I like the hammock, but you can use the hammock alone with the fly and omni. The omnis main sling is 4×8. The fly is about 4 something by 4 something, but stretchy. The hammock I believe is 5 wide and whatever length you want, so yeah if you wanna go silks, get a super long hammock. I plan to buy an omni. I like the trapeze setup. I like that the stand has 3 poles all around you so you can still do pole moves assisted by it. I saw a youtube of 3 polers just using the stand legs for monkeyin’ around and the trapeze setup. I plan to put mine in the center of the living room and when I don’t want the swing out, I can hang just a regular hammock chair from the connect point as a cool accent piece. I just can’t decide if I want an 8’3″ or an 8’6″ (HUGE difference I know lmao but I just wanna get the right thing for me). I also found the best views of the stand from the pt 1 0f 9 101 omni gym moves video on youtube. I definitely can see me taking it outside or on vacations lol. I’m so excited. I’ve exhausted my husband by “pro and con”ing on the different options for days on end, showing videos, comparing limitations. Its to the point he said “just buy one, get the best one, and get one for me too, they’r f’n awesome” lol!!! So that would be cool to take our slings and things to the park, hook up to some monkey bars, and go to town.

• vickiezoo

December 30, 2012 at 7:42 am

I had pole aria for christmas which is basically silks attached to the pole. I knot my silks and use in a similiar way to the fly gym for stretching etc.

• Vdub

December 30, 2012 at 7:56 am

@vickiezoo…I searched pole aria online and saw a few vids.  My hubby and I talked last night and we did a bit of measuring and we don't have space for an omnigym so I'm looking at other options. Pole Aria looks pretty cool.  Where did you buy it?

• Vdub

December 30, 2012 at 8:08 am

Never mind.  I found a thread about Pole Aria and it specifically states NOT to atach it to a pole that isn't permanently mounted to the ceiling…the load is too much.  I was wondering about that.  I have cement ceilings and I rent so, I may have to wait until we move to get something *sigh*

• Dancing Paws

December 30, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Yeah Keith from platinum stages was really insistent that it not be used on a removable pole. Randy if lilmynx won’t sell it to you if you don’t have s permanent pole (I believe.)

Page 2 of 5