StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions 40mm or Fly Gym

• Dancing Paws

December 30, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Btw, silks is something you really should learn with an instructor. A lot can go wrong with the wraps, drops, etc.

• vickiezoo

December 30, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Mine is fitted to x pole and i bought it from lil mynx. Caterina Genaro designed it and i have used it with her on x poles its fine.

• Dancing Paws

December 30, 2012 at 1:58 pm

I will reiterate what I said in the other forum thread. Just because soeone does it and doesn't have an issue, doesn't mean it is safe. If the owner of a pole company says "ABSOLUTELY NOT!" then I'd listen to them. They know what they are talking about. The aria puts all the forece at the top of the pole. The oputward force is soooo much higher thanif you were just swinging on the pole. That WILL make the pole come down. If you don't believe me, talk to keith at PS. It wasn't a matter of him saying I wouldn't recommend it. He made me promise not to do it. Seriously, don't do something that has questionable safety. It was not made for removable poles. Both Randy and Keith were really scared when the creater was using on a x stage. If she had done anything more the pole would very likely have snapped. The removeable and free standing poles are not made for those kind of forces. You know how they have weight limits? Well the frce of the aria far exceeds that.

• Dancing Paws

December 30, 2012 at 2:02 pm

I don't want to sound like a buzz kill, but it is not a good idea to encourage people to do something that is considered unsafe by the manufacteres of a product. If you want to do something risky, fine, but it is not fair to say something is safe when it isn't. That is putting others at risk of doing something dagerous and they could get seriously injured. It is only a matter of time before something tragic happens.

• Dancing Paws

December 30, 2012 at 2:06 pm

btw, even RANDY told me he was unsure of the safety of it on removable poles…

• Dancing Paws

December 30, 2012 at 2:13 pm

btw, I 'm not trying to be a bitch. I just really don't want people doing something dangerous.

• verucablue

December 30, 2012 at 2:22 pm

On the safety note – hanging anything from tree branches is a bad idea as well – I spent lots of time with certified riggers reviewing ceilings for my studio location and engineering plans – even if you are just doing light aerial yoga with a hammock or omni or whatever version you need to be carefully if you are inverting. And while the daisy chains or span sets may be tested and more than strong enough the branches are an unknown factor – you don’t have to fall from a great height to really hurt yourself – it always scares me when I see people hanging silks from a tree. Lets make sure to be really careful 🙂

• vickiezoo

December 31, 2012 at 2:58 am

Hey thanks for the info, i really wasn’t made aware of any of this and Gypsy what you makes perfect sense. I don’t think you are being a bitch, just looking out for me. 🙂

• Dwiizie

December 31, 2012 at 8:07 am

Yeah, I'm terrified of tree limbs, we've seen some GIANT ones come down in fairly mild storms, just because they were dying inside, but you'd have no idea looking at it. Even rigging on playground equipment designed for kids makes me a little woah. I'm really glad that I have room for the omni stand. And chem also made a good point about having a teacher. I'm going to trade in some of my beloved pole classes for hammock classes so I get some basics before I just go strapping myself into a flippy hammock thing lol!

• frfghtrbts

January 20, 2013 at 8:11 pm

I have the fly gym now and I am in love with it! I have the turquoise one that they made for Alethea Austin.
    I love stretching in it, it offers a lot of freedom of movement. I can move and rotate in splits stretches in ways that I can’t on the floor.
    I have a stiff muscle in my left inner thigh(probably an old injury) which has been holding up my progress in middle splits. In the fly gym I have no pain, even when I put weight on it. I am already a lot closer to my splits than I thought I was. I bought the fly gym specifically for this and it did not disappoint!

• EnigmaHoops

February 26, 2013 at 3:29 pm

I have a question on hanging the fly gym & it may be a complete “duh!” moment:-/ How far from the pole would you recommend hanging it so they can best be used jointly & separately? The space i have is limited… It was an investment. I wanna do this right:-) Also, once the anchors are secured in the ceiling couldn’t they be used for most other future aerial adventures?

• tarah

February 26, 2013 at 11:28 pm

I just ordered a fly gym, so thought I would join this thread.. Am also interested in using it with the pole, and how far away to hang it, etc.. Fly gym has a yt channel that has tutorials for using with pole.. 🙂

• Paunobs

February 27, 2013 at 12:21 am

send me your email tarah and i will forward some info for you.:)

• KenzieCaliente

February 27, 2013 at 7:39 am

I’ve been looking at a fly gym too. Here’s a question- do they all come with the same things? I really like Alethea’s, but Karol’s is about $40 less. Any ideas why? And they’re both less than the regular set.

• Dwiizie

February 27, 2013 at 7:57 am

I know Karol's is newer, maybe its on sale to promote it? Turquoise is much prettier than yellow in my opinion, I would pay extra for teal *snicker* I don't understand why the special editions are much cheaper than the standards. Maybe because they stock a lot of them and need to guarantee sales? Hrm…

Page 3 of 5