StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions 40mm or Fly Gym

• portableninja

February 27, 2013 at 8:25 am

I think I remember reading on Karol's FB page that the only difference is the color of the fabric. Since it's a new product though, the offerings may be changing at a moment's notice.

• EnigmaHoops

February 27, 2013 at 10:46 am

If I remember right, the cost difference on the sets had to do with Fly Gym getting deals on the different materials. I appreciate a company extending their savings on to the customer:-)I got Aletheas set. I’m a pasty pale Scandinavian in the middle of a MN winter, the $40 was worth it;)

• tarah

February 27, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Alethea’s set has sold out, not sure if they updated the website yet..

• vickiezoo

February 28, 2013 at 2:51 am

Paunobs can you send me details too pls? vickieledbrook@hotmail.com

• JenLFG

February 28, 2013 at 7:41 am

https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_eek.gif i didn't know there were different brands of yoga hammocks, i have only seen the fly gym… i want a yoga hammock too but i have to get a new pole 1st because i can't stand only having a 8ft  pole any longer, i've been using it since december 2011… i'm itching for a 10ft that spins again https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif after that i need a yoga hammock fosho! 

• Dwiizie

February 28, 2013 at 8:26 am

Omni Gym mentioned a spinning/static pole attachment for the rock it stand. I'm SOOOOO dying to find out what they're coming out with. It was on their Facebook, can't remember when. I do still like the wider leg slings the fly gym has, but the padding is sooo nice for stretching. The stand hasn't come yet, so I've been using the hammock feet to do scorpion stretches with my pole. I can not wait to get suspended lol. I am also really looking forward to the bounce of the trapeze system. I imagine it to be slight, but still a little trampoliney. I used to love those door frame bouncers for babies when I was a young tot lol.

• Dancing Paws

February 28, 2013 at 10:13 am

I saw that too. I have NO IDEA how that would work

• Dwiizie

February 28, 2013 at 10:40 am

I was picturing a pole that would hang from the swivel, and you could just extend it to make it contact the ground, with the weight of the stand and the dancer keeping it static?? Or maybe a bracket or something that attaches to the frame that you can sink the pole into. Or maybe its something entirely different than what I am envisioning. The picture on the post was just a girl on a pole next to an omni gym so I don't think that was indicative of the final product. I really really wanna knooooow lol

• Dancing Paws

February 28, 2013 at 10:54 am

I can't see that being stable honestly…but we'll see I guess.

• Dancing Paws

February 28, 2013 at 10:54 am

I contacted them about the type of pole they would use and they said a 45mm chrome

• valerie98

February 28, 2013 at 11:20 am

A pole for the rock it stand would be awesome!!!!

• valerie98

February 28, 2013 at 11:57 am

Now that I’m thinking about it, I’m not sure that would work. It seems like the stand would be in the way.

• Dwiizie

February 28, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Hrm, the stand is 8 ft in diameter…at the bottom…. But the two videos with the girls using the stand AS the pole, they seem to have plenty of room, even when inverting on the trapeze bar. But for an extended leg fireman, yeah, I can see some problems there at the basic level. For just "pole strength" moves, like rows, squats, pole ups, etc, it would work, but might not have the versatility. Maybe theres an attachment that goes off the top to outside the frame…. I know it would be COMPLETELY design flawed and unstable, but wouldn't it be cool to have a pole coming right out the top? Climb up, spin down, and do a flip off the trapeze bar. Oh I can't wait till my stand comes I want to play with it sooooo bad. I ordered mine in black, it looks like the black still isn't back in stock, but the silver and gold are. If it wouldn't cause more trouble than it would for me just to be patient, I would ask them to switch it to a silver stand so I can have it now lol

• Dwiizie

February 28, 2013 at 12:46 pm

It would also be cool to have it hang from the swivel really short so you could swing pole >:-) But they also say to anchor the stand if you're putting a lot of lateral force into your swinging… I'm also looking WAY forward to when they release the tent cover for it. Swingy yoga in the rain without the wetness. MMMmmmm. I guess it would be a sunshade too. Unless they made it clear like an umbrella more than a tent. That would turn into a sauna though. 

• Dancing Paws

February 28, 2013 at 1:26 pm

I have the silver stand and I love it

Page 4 of 5