StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions 40mm or Fly Gym

• valerie98

February 28, 2013 at 1:51 pm

I have the black stand and even when I use the yoga swing, sometimes I kick the stand. Plus, the higher up, the smaller it is. This could just be me, I’m tall. ;))

• Dwiizie

February 28, 2013 at 2:34 pm

I'm at an average 5'5" so I think I will fit comfortably with the stand. I know that you're supposed to be able to reach the poles, hook foot on ladder, stretch assists, etc, so It doesn't suprise me that you may touch them. 

• Dancing Paws

February 28, 2013 at 3:37 pm

they make T's to make it taller.

• EnigmaHoops

March 1, 2013 at 11:14 am

As for the distance to hang the Fly Gym from a pole, I used ” fly gym installation eye bolts” as the search terms and first listing that came up was a part of Fly Gyms equipment page that I wasn’t finding before. I’m not techno savvy:-/ Wonderfully detailed installation instructions, but basically it should hang 5-6′ from the pole with the pole centered with the middle of the hammock swing.

• PoleDreamer

March 1, 2013 at 11:52 am

For those that own the fly gym and permanently installed it, where did you find the correct size eye bolts? My husband and I went to every hardware store and did online searches, and couldn't find anything following the flygym's exact specs.

Thanks!! 🙂

• EnigmaHoops

March 1, 2013 at 5:30 pm

I’ve been on the same search. Closest I’ve found is 1/2 x 3 1/4″. They’re supposed to bear a 2200lb working load & I’m little, but I’d prefer to follow the precise guidelines. I’m getting impatient though. I wanna play!

• valerie98

March 1, 2013 at 7:52 pm

My husband ordered one to rig my lyra from uscargocontrol.com. The one he ordered was pretty long and was rated for 4,700 lbs. A yogo swing may not need such a large working load limit. He says the site has virtually anything you need for rigging.

Page 5 of 5