StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions A couple of moves from today…

• Shellectra

January 1, 2011 at 5:24 am

Why didn't my pictures show up, they were perfect in my editor 🙁 🙁 🙁 There's no edit button

• Webmaster

Administrator
    January 1, 2011 at 7:46 am

@Shellectra – I'll look into this for you.

• MrsNaughtywed

January 1, 2011 at 8:24 am

I just copied the pictured links and pasted them in my browser. Looks GREAT!!!! I love your leg warmers too.

• luckylindyhopper

January 1, 2011 at 8:55 am

Beautiful!

• kasanya

January 1, 2011 at 11:13 am

Very nice progress for how long you've been poling!

Are you using a twisted grip in that butterfly? I'm not advanced enough to be working on that move yet, but it's my understanding that people generally start with the split grip and then work towards TG variations of moves at the advanced level.

Your CKR looks great! Are you able to do it without the hands yet? If not, that's a good next step to work towards.

• Webmaster

Administrator
    January 1, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Your photos should be showing up just fine in the forum now Shellectra.

• Shellectra

January 2, 2011 at 1:14 am

Yay thanks Webmaster for fixing my images!!!!! Fantastic 🙂 🙂 Thanks for your help!

Thanks kasanya! I noticed the grip too in my photo, I didn't notice at the time LOL, I usually invert, then drop outside hand down,  maybe I dropped it like that?? Bizarre! Either way it was comfortable LOL.  Omg why are my hands like that! haha

Yep I can CKR easily without hands, decided to grip underneath so I got a more arched body in this photo 🙂 I just noticed the Bow n Arrow move is done from a CKR, so gonna try that next! Along with the tricky CAR which seems impossible at the moment!

Thanks guys I love the leg warmers too, I only wear them after I'm comfortable with moves or if they don't get in the way of grip, when I'm learning I leave them in the drawer so I have max grip and chance of succeeding in a move, lol.

• horsecrazy12987

January 2, 2011 at 1:21 am

I love that there's a guy just sitting in the background on a computer, seemingly completely oblivious to the fact that there's a hot chick on a pole. lmao

Looks like everything is coming along nicely. Love the pointy toes! That's the hardest thing to remember sometimes when you're first learning a move, especially if you have no former dance experience.

• Shellectra

January 2, 2011 at 1:26 am

LMAO i was waiting for someone to notice hubby in the background! He was too busy to bother taking photos for me so I said screw you and set up the camera on timer on the tv haha! Where there's a will there's a way :p

Yes pointy toes is what I try to remember when taking photos, it's amazing how much better a move can look if the toes are pointy, I have an old shot of me in gemini with non pointy toes and it looks feral! haha

• tiggertail

January 2, 2011 at 10:20 am

Good job and very nice picture. I notice your bf last night but didn't have time to congratulate you on your move. Make me think of my bf on is computer don't even care about me walking around half naked lol.https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

• horsecrazy12987

January 2, 2011 at 11:05 am

I really don't get men sometimes. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_eek.gif I've heard lots of women say their men won't look up from their x-box or the TV even if they walk past butt naked. If I walk out into the living room in my underwear, my boyfriend always sneaks peeks out of the corner of his eye no matter what he's doing. 

• Danielle Tillie

January 2, 2011 at 11:34 am

Your grip in the butterfly looks fine. Split grip means that the thumbs are both facing the same direction, which they are! The moves look great! Now it's just a matter of getting more comfortable with them. In the butterfly, try to arch your back a little to get that pretty line to run smoothly from the back through the free leg. Keep extending the free leg in your gemini, although you have a fantastic start, it already looks lovely! And you CKR looks perfect! 🙂

• Shellectra

January 2, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Thanks heaps englann! Great advice, I'll keep working on that butterfly for sure, it was only my second proper attempt at it! And I'm so upset it cut my extended leg half off in the photo LOL.  I want to really open it up so it's a really pretty extended butterfly, I'm just excited I was able to get the split grip feeling comfortable, it's harder doing a gemini I reckon! lol.

So far I can do CKR, shoulder mount, gemini, inverted crucifix, getting there with the extended butterfly, so much to learn! My next ones I want to learn is the scorpio (inside leg hang), bow and arrow and CAR 🙂

• Shellectra

January 7, 2011 at 6:30 am

Today I did like a zillion tries at the extended butterfly, trying to extend out, here's a pic after I got home from work, doing it in my work clothes LOL.

Does it look a bit better than the other photo?? More extended maybe? Hard to tell from the angle but you can see my back foot at the back…

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs069.snc6/167949_10150160580383206_532948205_8547995_1414054_n.jpg

• Shellectra

January 7, 2011 at 11:18 pm