StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Aborting from the Ayesha

• amy

December 9, 2009 at 1:04 am

that is so interesting. i should try that! i don’t use leg grip in a regular butterfly, i’m using just my arms (which may be why the extended butterfly was relatively easy for me?). thanks for clarifying!!

• SaschaPoles

December 9, 2009 at 5:17 pm

maybe you can try some grip aids to help you stick??????

• chilli_d

December 9, 2009 at 6:44 pm

is it tomorrow? ooh good luck!!
    xx

• TrophyWife

December 9, 2009 at 9:16 pm

I agree with the person above who said to the untrained poler the aysha isnt ASSS impressive as we all know it is. A reverse grab and pretzel usually get people going AWWW…and i cartwheel into an ext butterfly and all my friends think its the coolest thing ever, when really its a piece of cake. But if you really want to toss it in there, i agree going to butterfly would be a safe and still impressive 2nd option. good luck!!

• Sassafrassle

December 10, 2009 at 6:34 pm

So unfortunately I didn’t stick the ayesha in the end:/ But out of the whole audience, including people from my studio who’d seen me choreographing and practising the routine, only one person noticed that it didn’t quite happen and that was mostly just ‘cos he’s a fellow poler who knew I was nervous about getting it. Part of the problem was that the stage ceiling was significantly lower than I’d practised on so I wasn’t even sure I was going to be able to do my caterpillar climbing that precedes the move! Anyhue, c’est la vie and all that and I’d done an impromptu performance at my studio for a small class of newbies when I went in for final practising on Wednesday night and nailed the ayesha then so that’s something:) And by all accounts, the rest of the routine was a crowd pleaser https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_thumright.gif

And you know what this means right? I have to put the ayesha in every routine till I get it perfect:) https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

(ps. my sis took some pics for me but they’re not so good and her fiance also took a bit of vid on his phone. When I’ve got some time, I’ll have a fossick through and see if I can find anything worth posting here:)). Thanks again for support and suggestions!

• SaschaPoles

December 10, 2009 at 8:55 pm

awwww!! congrats on a fantastic experience though!!! it sounds like overall the routine was fantastic!!

Page 2 of 2