StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Aches and pains what do you do?

• ksthies2805

August 1, 2014 at 8:27 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141348045879?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Ok so this is the oil I bought. It smells like fall..slightly odd fall lol.. but it cleared up my bruises quick and my leg spasms went away when I used it a lot. If you can’t get the link to work it is called Joint & Muscle Spray w/ Emu Oil 2 oz. -Arthritis- Bruises- Chemotherapy Relief

WARNING! It is a weird orange kinda pizza oil looking but it is awesome!

• Aimee Matthews

August 2, 2014 at 7:08 am

Hi There,
    It’s really hard not to over train with Pole sport. We have to work on flexibility to the extreme, strength and hours of practice on perfecting countless moves we want to achieve… still we love it! so we put up with the constant soreness.
    I too am in some kind of chronic soreness on a regular basis and have experienced many times the dull aches that are not easy to pinpoint, particularly in the shoulders. If I take an extra day or two of rest however it usually subsides. I am 47 now so my body doesn’t heal like it used to but it does respond well to acupuncture technique called “needling” My guy has helped me countless times getting a chronic injured site to improve healing faster with this technique which also includes electro stimulation and myofascial massage release.
    I also joke that ibuprofen is the vitamin of those over the age of 40!! ha-ha.
    when my body is too spent to pole I will just focus on an hour of intense stretching instead.

Aimee

• chemgoddess1

August 2, 2014 at 7:11 am

((waves)) Hi Aimee!!!!!

• Aimee Matthews

August 2, 2014 at 7:31 am

Hi Pam… how are you? Poling hard this summer??

• Twilight Starr

August 5, 2014 at 7:20 am

Sounds like you have everything under control. Just be aware if muscle pain becomes more ‘severe’ it could be rhabdomyolysis- which can cause damage to kidneys if you aren’t careful. I had a bout of it and it’s not fun. Be sure to listen to your body. Rest and hydration are as important as the work out! Train safe!

Page 2 of 2