StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Age is not a factor?

• FeeDen

May 7, 2013 at 3:42 pm

I'm 49 and started poling at home 3 years ago, I love it, it keeps me strong and it's the most fun I've ever had exercising,

• SpyralBound

May 7, 2013 at 6:54 pm

My grandma, who is in her 70s, was visiting this past weekend. She knows I pole and has been supportive from the start. So naturally, I took her to observe the Advanced class at my studio. Her jaw was on the floor the whole time. While she didn't touch the pole herself (and I didn't encourage her – I trust that she knows her body's limitations), I told her now she can tell all her friends back home that when she visited Ohio, she went to a pole-dancing class. 🙂 Of course, she went sky-diving with her niece not too long ago, so she's no scaredy-cat herself! 

• Ginger Kitty

May 7, 2013 at 9:16 pm

I’m 46. Welcome to the pole world. 🙂

• blondemd

May 7, 2013 at 11:05 pm

I turned 40 this year and am as strong (if not stronger) and definitely more flexible than I was in my 20's, thanks to 2 years of poling. I've been fortunate to find a great studio and supportive group of women (and a few men) – many of whom are 10-20 years younger than me and few who are older than I am.  I consider them my close friends and age doesn't seem to matter in the studio 🙂 

• MariYabe

May 8, 2013 at 1:07 am

Today is my birthday. I'm 53 and just taught 3 classes tonight. Most all of my girls are 20-30 years younger than me. I'm just as strong, flexible, and talented as they are. Even more so because they expect me to teach and challenge them. They keep me on my toes and I love every second. I don't think too much about age when I pole dance. I feel timeless and connected to who I am regardless. Happy poling everyone.

• hookedonpole

May 8, 2013 at 1:20 am

Yup, age is not a factor.  I'm 57 and started at around 51 yrs old.  I'm having a blast and accomplished many things I didn't think I would.  Of course, many of them took years to develop strength, but accomplishments at any time are awesome.  You'll find who you can talk to about pole and who not to.  I've gotten better at determining that.  Just pole for you and have fun.  This is a GREAT place to be a part of, so WELCOME!

• Maria Joao

May 8, 2013 at 6:21 am

Welcome to SV! I'm 48 and I've been in and out of pole lessons for 3 yr. I don't have the stamina of a woman in their 20's or 30', but I'm having FUN!! My daughters even say "Wow mom, you are strong! I can't do that!" when I'm climbing the pole or doing an invert. Yeah,  age don't matter  at all 🙂

• Lara von Mondberg

May 8, 2013 at 6:36 am

oh honey, I am going to turn 38 in few weeks and don't care what other people think about me 🙂 pole dance is just amazing, you are amazing and as long as you are having fun, nothing else matters. thumbs up for your hubby supporting you. I learned that if any friend is not being supportive of my pole dance madness, then it is not a friend at all 🙂 big hug form Vienna

• chriswarner

May 9, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Age is definitely not a factor.  I am 60 (61 in 5 months) and started pole a year ago.  It is the best thing I have ever done in my life.  I now find that I am getting younger and not older anymore,  I have not felt this well since my childhood.  In the pole world, 60 years old is definitely the new 30. My local pole studio is brilliant,  the loveliest bunch of people I have ever met, I so look forward to my pole lesson every week.

The only problem I find is that my two children(and their mother, my ex) are extremely embarrassed that their dad does poling and will not accept it. Hopefully one day they will see what a fantastic sport it is.

• Saphyre

May 9, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Turning 49 this year and just started poling a little over a year ago. Like Paunobs, I have the menopause thing going on and other assorted ailments. I ignore them as best as I can, while still being respectful of my limitations. Welcome to the wonderful world of poling and Studio Veena!

Page 2 of 2