StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Alethea Austin DVDs. Progress after a few weeks/months?

• ORGANIC ANGEL

April 11, 2012 at 4:11 pm

I thought I once saw an interview that said her real name-but could b wrong- Is it really AA or something else, know she signs stuff Chel sometimes.

• nymphdancer

April 11, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Her real name is Alethea Austin and it is the only one she goes by.

• Crystaljng

April 11, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Angel my couch is very low and also have a soft back. So even with my short legs they are way above the top when I lie down on my back. My partner is so particular with the house I will be in so much trouble if I put my feet on it. 😀

• minicoopergrl

April 12, 2012 at 6:09 am

Organic – Chel is one of the admins for her fan page.  She signs it like that so you know if its her posting or Alethea posting.  Chel is Castleoutsider on here and You Tube.

• minicoopergrl

April 12, 2012 at 6:10 am

Does the splits DVD go through different types of splits or just the regular split?  Ive been debating on getting the DVD's since they came out but I havent been too sure yet. 

• Dancing Paws

April 12, 2012 at 8:40 am

mini – She does the front to back splits on both sides and the middle split. She even goes over a stretch to make your toes look nice and pointed while in the air.

• ORGANIC ANGEL

April 12, 2012 at 3:51 pm

@mini-Thnx soooo much-that makes so much sense….

@ Vertical…I'd just wait for him to leave and then get down next to that couch and do my thang(the splits) haha…It's funny the things you'd be going behind his back just to do the splits lol…

• Kayla007

June 2, 2013 at 12:02 pm

I've had the DVDs since summer of 2012 but never used them because I found out I was pregnant. I'm 2 months postpartum now and I've just started stretching again using AA's pure splits and stretching for pole. I like to do the pure splits one day and stretching for pole the next but I'm rather skeptical of her DVD's. I wish she provided more instruction so I didn't have to constantly look at the screen to see if she's still in the same stretch, and her countdown isn't very loud. In the pure splits dvd there are some stretches I simply cannot get into, such as the vertical splits against the pole (I mean seriously, do you think I can do that if I'm using this video lol).I also wish she provided more back stretches and emphasized on breathing more, for that is what really enables me to relax and benefit from the stretch. I've only done pure splits twice and stretching for pole once but I think I like Veena's stretches more, for her videos are calmer and emphasize on breathing more. I also think Veena  provides more instruction throughout the stretch, which allows you to focus on your stretch without having to constantly look at the screen. I'm hoping that I can start Veena's lessons again once we are done buying our house and our situated. 

• Hazi411

June 2, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Paulette – who is RS please?

Vertical, my husband (HWMBO – He Who Must Be Obeyed haha!) is the same – he saw me doing middle splits with my feet on the wall once, and said that I would leave marks – so now I wear socks when I do that stretch.

MemphisKitten – I don't think it's anything to do with age, particularly.  I did contortion when I was about 10-11 years old, and could do the front splits, and lie on my stomach with my feet tucked under my chin.  That was over 40 years ago, and when I started doing flex classes again, about 2 years ago, I was more flexible than most of the girls half my age in the class.

I think flexibility may be, at least in part, hereditary (anyone else have a view on this?)  My Mum, at 85, is more flexible than some of the girls in their 20s/early 30s in the flex classes I go to!  I am now 57 and am maybe 2" off the floor in the front splits.  Middle splits, however, is a different story!  I think some people have front splits flexibility, and others have middle splits flexibility, but not necessarily both.  My friend who is 44 is closer to her middle splits than I am, but much further off in front splits.  Maybe it's to do with the way our bodies are built – I don't know.

Page 2 of 2