StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Amateur Competition @ Cabaret Club

• Amateur Competition @ Cabaret Club

Posted by Kayla007 on November 9, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Ladies,

There are two cabaret strip clubs where I live and one is a complete hole in the wall but the other is pretty nice. It has a full bar and two poles; one kinda looks like what an xstage looks like in the middle of the club and the main stage is about 10-12ft long and 6-7ft wide. Last month there was an Amateur Competition with a $1000 reward and they're doing it again at the end of this month. I thought about doing it last month but I had just gotten settled from the move and hadn't been on the pole in 5 weeks. What I'm getting to is-should I do this one? I am very shy and I am scared I would fall off the pole or fly through the performance because of nerves and then end up repeating moves. I watched the last competition and there were 6 girls so the reward only ended up being $500 and they decided to give $300 to 1st place and $200 to second, which isn't bad. The girl who won did a few pole tricks and the other-not so much-this is a severly backwoods town. My husband is encouraging me to do it and to even work there-apparently the competition is also like an audition for the job. I am a college student, a mother, and a wife and I could definetly use the extra cash to pay towards my school loans. So what are your thoughts on the competition and working their? I absolutely love poling but I don't want to end up resenting it. I think I would also be more encouraged if the poles weren't static.

Laura KittyCat replied 12 years, 11 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • HotelChick

November 9, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Go for it! Poling for an audience is AMAZING! I went to visit a friend at the club where she works. She pulled me up on stage for the last song of the night. I was fully clothed so all I could do was a few spins and some floor work but the crowd was amazing and I danced better than I ever have just feeding off their applause. It was an amazing rush. If my husband supported it and I didn’t already work 60+ hours a week at my own business, I would definitely dance one night a week in a club.

• Laura KittyCat

November 9, 2011 at 10:33 pm

I say go for it too! I have recently discovered how much fun performing is! A local studio has put on a year long series of competitions here, and I won one of the prelim rounds, so I will be competing this saturday for the title! Competing is exciting and totally different from working out at the studio or at home. Pick a song that makes you want to move, pick tricks that you are good at and very confident with, and put it with your song. And the most important part is to have fun!

• stainless

November 10, 2011 at 10:24 pm

What is the name of the club? BTW… go for it!!!

• ORGANIC ANGEL

November 11, 2011 at 3:52 pm

If you feel it is right for you, than go for it. I wouldn't do it b/c my man is pushing me to though. It sounds like you want to do the initial contest for the money but aren't so sure of anything else. The clubs typically have "fake" contestants too-atleast one of which already works at the club. Ya, these clubs have girls from actual "audience" too and are looked at as a job "try-out". For a man though-they don't care about all of the stuff that impresses the gals at the local pole studio(tricks). If they think someone is hot infront of them, the girl could stand still and they'd still root for her. Good luck!

• Laura KittyCat

November 11, 2011 at 4:30 pm

I actually found a club down the street from me that does an ametuer competition every week. The best part, no entry fee! Im going to try it out in a few weeks and I will totally let yall know how it goes :). Thanks for the heads up about the possibility of a fixed competition.