StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Anyone been a go-go girl?

• Anyone been a go-go girl?

Posted by Voodoochild on February 6, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Just wondering if anyone has ever been a go-go girl at a club. I’ve been thinking about it and wanted to get some inside info about what it’s like, how much you make, etc. I think it would be fun… And interesting. 🙂

marle777 replied 10 years, 10 months ago 10 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • AniRexy

February 6, 2011 at 10:17 pm

My friend/ co-worker Brynn is a Go-Go here in Austin. Sometimes you can make good money, but most go-go girls in Austin don't make crap! I see it as getting paid to dance, which is something I love to do anyways!

• Voodoochild

February 7, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Thanks for the input Ani, I *kinda* know Brynn from competing together at Miss Tx Pole Star and from facebook. Id LOVE to get involved with performing at events and concerts like you Brass Ovaries girls do! I need to make a demo video i think….that would be fun. lol

• debbierockz

February 7, 2011 at 5:08 pm

yeah dance in a cage..no poles n the 60s thats what my mom told me

• Briannabohannah

February 7, 2011 at 5:31 pm

I go-go’ed in Seattle making anywhere from 75.00 to 150.00 dollars for two to four hours a night. I really enjoyed it and it kept me in excellent shape, plus I loved the girls on my team so it was like going out with the girls.

During the two years I danced there I never once danced at a venue with a pole. I either cage danced or was on a small elevated platforms.

The outfits are essentially the same but shoes are generally the huge platform moon boots with fur covers. Id definitely suggest dancing on a team over freelancing. It is safer knowing you have a group of girls looking out for you then relying on someone you dont know at all to hopefully watch your back. Thick skin and some basic self defense is also nice, some people arent very nice when they are drunk, and some men need to be reminded with a simple wrist twist that there is a look but dont touch rule! Usually bouncers take care of that but occasionally you might need to take care of the problem on your own.

• sellison

February 7, 2011 at 10:58 pm

I am a gogo dancer in Santa Cruz, Ca. I am a memeber of Vital Girls. It is SUCH a fun thing since our team is close and well bonded. We travel all over california and have danced for many famous Djs such as Benny Benassi, Rusko, Skrillex, Datsik, 12th Planet, Nero ect…The pay varies depending on how the shows do. We get paid anywhere from 75$-100$ for about a four hour night.
    I love it so much I'd do it for free though.

Before I was a member of Vital Girls I danced for Insomniac events at Electric Daisy Carnival and Audiotistic last year. It was an experience of a lifetime. If you enjoy electronic music, and you love to dance sexy is hot outfits, gogo dancing is right up your alley. But definitly make aure you get on a team. Much safer.

I wish you the best!

Shannon

• Voodoochild

February 8, 2011 at 1:07 am

Oh I want to go-go or work the lyra or pole for th Electric Daisy Carnival when it comes to Dallas this summer!!! How do I get in with Insomniac events?

• marle777

February 8, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Don't know how much this counts for but I've been offered go-go work on four separate occasions at clubs and venues but I'm not sure how to interface w/ these promoters without an agency to secure my safety and pay. That said I would LOVE to get into doing this kind of work asap actually so I'm working out a training routine and it appears I just need a demo recorded as well!

• MrsNaughtywed

February 8, 2011 at 6:20 pm

I have not but I'm still looking for a non-nude group or club where I can pole dance at to some good electronic music. Apparently there are no pole-go dancers here in Southern Ontario..? I haven't found any except for strip clubs but that's not what I'm looking for. I think it would be amazing to perform on the pole at a night club safe above the audience. 🙂

• rachelskye

February 9, 2011 at 5:27 am

I've been wanting to gogo dance for like 8 years now…hahaha. and FINALLY i was able to hook up with a new entertainment group this year who is based out of my own town. the owner has been a gogo dancer for 4 years. she only books respectable gigs–no nudity, no latex clothing. and the girls on the team are GREAT! so much fun and full of energy. i can't imagine a better way to make money. my bf is still on the fence because he's concerned about my safety. like briana said, most clubs have their own bouncers to take care of problems but it never hurts to have a defensive attitude towards rude people. some clubs are cutting back on their entertainment budgets but we still book gigs anywhere from $50 to $100 for 2-4 hours of work. and i LOVE the fun sexy outfits! i'm still working on networking to book some POLE gigs. my area is still kinda s-l-o-w when it comes to featuring pole performers. good luck!

• cheriegendron5567

November 19, 2013 at 12:42 pm

ANYONE KNOW OF AN AUDITION? I have been dancing my entire life, I live and breathe dance. I really really really want to know how to find auditions to be a go-go girl … I just don’t know anybody in the field, well at least not in California. (I’m from Houston) If anyone knows of anything, pleas give me a shout out!

• calipolepixie

November 19, 2013 at 1:07 pm

I am curious about this too. I know go gos in LA make decent $$ but haven’t found out how these go gos are getting gigs. I know Las Vegas has a BIG go go market too. If I find any info out or stumble across any auditions, I will post it here

• marle777

November 19, 2013 at 2:49 pm

From what I’ve seen, you really just have to run into the right people and it has to be obvious you’re good at what you’re doing. It’s both who and what you know in the dance music go-go industry. I’ve also seen go-go groups post audition dates on their facebook pages, so be on the look out for that too.

• marle777

November 19, 2013 at 2:58 pm

I forgot to mention that these days being good at what you’re doing includes more than just dancing well; you should be an advanced hooper, pole dancer, and it helps if you have some other skill toy in your set such as poi, fans, etc. It really helps if you are good enough to use the fire versions of thees toys and have good make up and costuming abilities. Circus arts have become really popular in the dance music scene so you have to stand out to get the gigs — or be REALLY attractive.