StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Are there any folks out there with physical limitations?

• Paunobs

May 20, 2012 at 6:09 pm

I have had crushed vertabrae in my lower back , so i have trouble with back bending, crushed kneecap so have arthritis, flareups of fibromyalgia from a virus i had years ago, menopause issues LOL arhtritic right sternoclavicular joint, and i try not to let any of it stop me, my back is the best its been in 28 years. thanks to pole learn your limitations an focus on your strengths and its amazing what you can achieve.:)

• Tali Kat

May 20, 2012 at 6:47 pm

I've just been reading through all your posts seeing what you all have to deal with and I think you're all amazing for pushing through with pole. I'm sure everyone has their bad days where they feel like giving up, but I'm so proud of everyone for sticking with it! I want to hug you all  XD

• Tali Kat

May 20, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Also @ PoleRaven, thanks for letting me know about Allison Sipes, I'll def go and check her out on youtube! 😀

• PersianXcursian

May 20, 2012 at 11:27 pm

@Sensualscimitar: I hadn't heard of it either til I was diagnosed with it. It started after I went off acutane and my hands would randomly go numb and turn white. then it started with my feet. sometimes it's really hard to wear heels in the cold cuz it feels like my toes are gonna snap off. I take a blood thinner to improve my circulation which makes me bruise super easy

• Angel1201

May 22, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Wow, what a sisterhood we have here!  I thought all you other polers were superbionic LOL..I feel relieved knowing I'm not the only one struggling!  I have Ehlers-Danlos which affects nearly my whole body.  As a result, I have disc issues, soft tissue injuries, POTS, orthostatic hypotension (dizzy every time I stand up), fibromyalgia, migraines, IBS, chronic fatigue, varicose veins, Raynauds, probably endometriosis, mild scoliosis, some arthritis, and god knows what else!!  LOL.  If nothing else, all this has forced me to take really good care of myself. 

Jgrey, thanks for putting this out there!  I'm wishing all of you ladies lots of healing!

• poletrickster

May 22, 2012 at 8:19 pm

I don't know what I have but one workout wipes me out for days so it limits the amount I would like to be working out. I have Tachycardia and Irregular heart beat so even at rest I feel tired all the time, no Dr. has been able to figure out what is causing it or how to make it stop so I just take the good days when I can and accept the bad.

Page 3 of 3