StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Back to basics

• Back to basics

Posted by bformosa922163 on October 29, 2015 at 1:00 am

Hello,

This week I have started to get back into pole dancing as I had been away from it for a good 6 months…. During that time I’ve been hula hooping and just dancing.

I’ve noticed in the past, I’ve had troubled getting past a certain point. I feel as if I’m still stuck at beginner even though I’ve been doing it on and off for about 2-3 years.

Does anyone else have a fear of slipping off the pole every time you attempt a trick?
    If so, how do you overcome it?

Also I’ve done classes and managed to grade into intermediate prep… But that was at the start of last year and I didn’t go further. I do have social anxiety so I always have trouble committing to my classes and have been practising at home.

I have the titanium gold xpole installed in my house and just wanting to know anyone else’s experiences with getting over any hurdles when it comes to pole dancing…

πŸ™‚ thanks.

bformosa922163 replied 8 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • gerfina84

October 29, 2015 at 7:07 am

hey there I am off my pole for almost 3month now. Hand injury but I will try to pole on the weekend.
    I will def keep you up to date how I was feeling.

I am def excited and kinda scared all my strength is gone. I started pole last year beginning of October. So let’s wait and see…

I will post on here again 😊

• bformosa922163

October 29, 2015 at 7:24 am

Thanks gerfina. I look forward to hearing how it goes. Hopefully all goes well. πŸ™‚

• Veena

Administrator
    October 29, 2015 at 8:43 pm

Hey! Did we talk on Periscope today? If so, it was nice to meet you and I hope you found my advice helpful. If not check out my periscope and you’ll find advice on this!! πŸ™‚

• yssac

October 29, 2015 at 11:03 pm

Hi! I totally understand what you mean about back to basics! I’m constantly on and off pole, sometimes 6 months straight. Mostly due to injuries. It’s frustrating because just as you feel like your getting somewhere you’re back at the beginning. Ugh!! I’m no spring chicken so it takes me much longer to recover πŸ™

• bformosa922163

October 30, 2015 at 12:57 am

Hi Veena.

Nope that wasn’t me but would love to know the advice…

I don’t have any pole friends at my level. I have one that is advanced but I feel like it would help if I had someone to encourage me and work on tricks with.

I’ve only just purchased the Veena lessons after being a member for a few years, so I’m trying to Pre plan my lessons at home instead of just turning music on without a plan. (ends up with me just dancing around the pole instead of improving my form.)

I work about 40 hours a week where I’m on my feet all day so it’s tempting to just sit on the couch and relax after each shift.

Does anyone have preferences of what camera they use to record their progress and how to get it to sit at the right angle?

I sometimes just use my phone but it takes up all my memory and because I play music on my phone, the music stops playing when I record.

(sorry for the paragraphs, just got a lot to write)

• Veena

Administrator
    October 30, 2015 at 3:29 am

That’s funny because someone today was asking pretty much the same questions and had been dancing off and on for 3 yrs!

If you’re just getting back into things even if you don’t feel “new” to pole the 30 day take off program is a great place to start, it’s great for the on again off again poler! It will help you understand how to structure your pole practice, and allow you to build strength back up.

If you have a phone with a camera just use that, you don’t need anything to fancy. You can even upload right to here from the phone. Maybe can you use your computer to play music while you record with the phone?

This is the periscope I was talking about btw https://www.studioveena.com/videos/view/5632ba12-6de8-430c-bc75-1e2eac11006c

• bformosa922163

October 30, 2015 at 7:49 am

Will definately be starting the 30 day take off program.

I also had a look at some of your hula hoop videos and look forward to trying it out.