StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Beginner pushing 50

• Rhonda

November 13, 2010 at 3:46 am

I’m in my 50’s and have taken up the pole just this year. I’m fumbling and bumbling around it like a silly goose, but I LOVE it and I’m going to keep on keeping on, girl! Do I wish I had those beautiful long lithe legs of our hostess, the pretty little Veena? Why, yes indeedio, I do. But I don’t. I’m fifty-something with chunkadunk thighs and arms that will probably *never* haul my a$$ up that pole, but, hey! I’m listing to sexy music and feelin’ the beat! And it makes me feel young and sexy and alive. Rock on, girl, ROCK ON!!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif

• pink33

November 14, 2010 at 10:48 am

So thrilled you guys can relate. Means A LOT that you "get it". xo

• horsecrazy12987

November 16, 2010 at 4:14 am

Well, I’m not old enough for Grand Dame status, but I did just want to chime in and say that I’m a strong believer in the age is just a number philosophy. The only thing holding you back is you, not your age or your athleticism or your flexibility. There is no need to let those get in the way if you are truly determined. I’d also like to point out that at 23, I am far less bendy than some of these amazing ladies in their 40’s and 50’s! So being young does not automatically make you this nubile little gymnast able to contort yourself into any position. Thanks to pole I have finally found my determination to do the splits, which I have never before in my life been able to do, and while I cannot yet touch the floor, I’m only a few inches away and that is the closest I have ever come in my whole life. Before I started pole dancing, I had all the flexibility of a piece of wood. So it will definitely inspire you to push yourself, and you’ll probably find yourself attaining goals you never really ever thought you would achieve.

Are things going to come harder for you? Some of them, probably, but you’ll just have to be that much more determined and work that much harder, which makes the reward greater, if you ask me. Dont get discouraged; you have plenty of older women in the poling community to look to.

Also, I saw a video of a woman in her 70’s taking a pole dancing class–she did a handstand and everything! So if she can do it, so can you. Don’t let size get you down either–there are plenty of women in the poling community who are not size 2’s and are still beautiful dancers. It isn’t only for the sticks–check out Minicoopergirl’s videos. Bigger ladies can rock the pole, too.

• pink33

November 16, 2010 at 3:19 pm

One thing for sure I’ve done right is started this thread. I’m going to keep working on my pole. Wish I could take all of you and put you in a room and give you all a hug. Thank you.

• Judy Jovanelly

November 16, 2010 at 4:05 pm

One thing for sure I’ve done right is started this thread. I’m going to keep working on my pole. Wish I could take all of you and put you in a room and give you all a hug. Thank you.

big hug to YOU !! definitely keep working on it – you will find yourself amazing yourself !!

Page 2 of 2