StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Being called fat…by other “pole dancers”?!?!

• glitterhips

November 26, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Thanks sooo much everyone for your responses 😀 All Your comments are sooo nice! Yes I am definitely trying not to let her get me down and I’m sure she was jealous which is crazy to me because I’m nothing special really! I just feel bad for fat shamers, women ones especially. I’ve gotten so much support from the community and the veeners that it can’t be ruined by one super rude person!!!

• glitterhips

November 26, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Thanks sooo much everyone for your responses 😀 All Your comments are sooo nice! Yes I am definitely trying not to let her get me down and I’m sure she was jealous which is crazy to me because I’m nothing special really! I just feel bad for fat shamers, women ones especially. I’ve gotten so much support from the community and the veeners that it can’t be ruined by one super rude person!!!

• glitterhips

November 26, 2012 at 10:02 pm

• glitterhips

November 26, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Oops sorry that posted three times!! Also mrsnaughtywed I had no idea about that but that’s really cool info and makes me feel way better Lol! Frenchhorn saphyre libra you girls are so sweet thank you!! Everyone’s responses have been so helpful and nice 🙂 thank god for my veeners!!

• Sassafrassle

November 27, 2012 at 2:22 am

Even if it does turn out they were just some weirdo going round stalking people  on fb to make themselves feel better, NOONE has the right to say that kind of thing to you! 

• Amiloo

November 27, 2012 at 4:50 am

I just had a look at your photos and I dont know what she was on about cos your beautiful! she must just be jealous of your happiness. I wouldnt even bother with the weight watchers plan your fab just as you are! Xx

• minicoopergrl

November 27, 2012 at 6:10 am

Welcome to everyday for me online.  I get so many of those comments.  Someone was hating me on Twitter too!  It used to bother me now I read them so fast that they dont bother me.  Or my personal fav is when they comment on a video that is 3yrs old!  Im pretty sure my body shape has changed over the years. 

Over the years ive gotten comfortable about being curvy/plus sized.  Does it hurt being called fat?  Oh course it does but im not going to hid away from the world b/c one person called me a tubby, tubby.

• gbugs77

November 27, 2012 at 12:36 pm

I am a firm believer that mom was right…..  she's jealous of you and can't help but be spiteful!  Either she does not accomplish her goals in pole or she takes bad pictures, has less friends, or she lost a boyfriend who she considered "the one". In the insecure world of our head it matters and hurts, but in the long view it will become clear that people like this are just projecting their own insecurities.    Best wishes and let it roll off!  <3

• byrdgrrl

November 27, 2012 at 1:41 pm

See, stuff like this is what I point to when my friends fuss at me about not being on Facebook.  You try to share something wonderful with your friends and family and some random shitbag comes along and ruins it.  Life is too short to be dealing with other peoples' issues.  

• scubagirl

November 27, 2012 at 2:12 pm

I've always been curvy and criticized for it. I think we are so bombarded with images that no one knows what a REAL woman looks like anymore. It's a lot easier to point a finger at someone else and try to call attention to what we think is a flaw. That way we don't have to look inward  and fix what the real flaws are in ourselves. I know it's easier said than done, but rise above it and consider that she's probably having a hard time seeing someone so comfortable in their own skin. She's trying to cover up her own insecurities by making you look bad.

• CapFeb

November 27, 2012 at 3:10 pm

@jenwo “A REAL woman”? Not to be rude, but a “real” woman isn’t and shouldn’t be exclusive to curvy girls only.

There was a photo going around on facebook a year or two with pictures of mostly anorexic girls being compared to Marilyn Monroe and a few other curvy pin-up babes. And the caption said something like, “when did this” (overly skinny girls). “Become more attractive than this?” (Insert 50’s divas.) And then the kicker at the end, “LIKE IF YOU WANT A “REAL” WOMAN!”

For a while a lot of my immature friends jumped on the like & share bandwagon. Maybe it made them feel better about making fun of bigger girls in the past? And these are the same scumbags who made fun of me when I was 200lbs at 5’9″.

I then had a friend who’s body doesn’t develope at even half the rate of the people around her, comment on a friends post a counter argument photo on my friend’s page. It was the same image, except for at the end it said, “IT NEVER DID. Women come in all shapes and sizes, and that’s what makes them beautiful.” That same friend is built like Twiggy, and how popular was Twiggy back in the day?

@glitter. A “real” woman is a confident woman, a beautiful woman on the inside, and someone who is comfortable with themselves. So, Glitter, when someone calls you fat or bigger, or whatever, I would just remind yourself that they can say whatever they want. In all reality, you’ll always be the “bigger” woman because the person slinging insults couldn’t hope to be half the wonderful person you are.

• minicoopergrl

November 27, 2012 at 3:12 pm

I just got one today – read it and said 'Yeah WTF Ever!' and DELETE! 

• glitterhips

November 27, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Thank you CapFeb!! Maybe jenwojo meant "real-life",  not real women, in terms of real women vs what we see in pictures because she did say "we are so bombarded with images that no one knows what a REAL woman looks like anymore" which I agree 100% with. Pictures of women are so edited now that they don't even look real so maybe when my hater saw a woman in an unedited photo she was like EWWW A REAL LADY!! I never say "real women have curves" or any of that crap, because although I do have curves, all women are real!!! Lol. I agree skinny shaming is just as bad as fat shaming. But I do agree with people losing touch of what a real-life woman looks like! Good thing my cellulite was covered in the photo or she really would've gone to town https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

MiniCooper everyone loves and admires you for going on tv and doing your thang!!!!!! Mad respect and anyone who says otherwise can go to my website eatabagofdicks.com!!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif

• glitterhips

November 27, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Oh also, the same day I got the rude comment, later that night I had to work and I got hit on..BY A LADY!! She even gave left me her number with a message saying "call me sexy"!!! Getting called fat and hit on in the same day, both by ladies. LOL. crazyyyy.

• Saphyre

November 27, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Hahahaha!! I love it Glitter!!…and you know my story on eatabagofdicks,com (hehe)

Page 2 of 4