StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Best flooring for a home dance space?

• Best flooring for a home dance space?

Posted by LilyG3013 on October 11, 2014 at 10:05 am

Any ideas? Right now I have builder grade carpet.

Hazi411 replied 10 years ago 10 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Pretty Pixie

October 11, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Hardwood, laminate wood, and vinyl composition tile (VCT), would all be excellent dance surfaces. You could also do parquet tiles, which are wood tiles. Carpet is hard with heels and ceramic or porcelain tile is a bit hard on the knees but would work fine otherwise.

• WebJunk

October 11, 2014 at 6:46 pm

Ava Madison did a video on her flooring

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5wXdvQ1jFw0

She told me its allure Planck from home depot. If I can get back to poling am putting it in my garage.

• Lyme Lyte

October 12, 2014 at 5:57 pm

I made a video too on my floor for cheap. Check out my video, “new floor”. I would link but not that techy….

• CrazyKosters

October 13, 2014 at 3:42 pm

I would go for laminate or sprung flooring. Hardwood is too hard. My oak hardwood in one of my rooms is like cement on the knees. When we remove the carpet from my living room/pole space lol, i am putting laminate over the hardwood.

• Veena

Administrator
    October 13, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Yes, my last flooring was hardwood laid over concrete and man it was so painful. Get something softer as Crazy mentioned!

Here is the Video Lyme made https://www.studioveena.com/videos/view/4f021d2a-5eac-487e-a9a5-6c2e0ac37250

Lyme if you want to share a video on a thread, you can just go to the vid and do a copy and then paste it into the thread.

• SunShineCJ

October 13, 2014 at 6:57 pm

Hi Ladies,

I use 1″ MMA interlocking mats from foamtiles.com. The are excelletn for floorwork and are designed to provide maximum shock absorption plus I bought them at a great price. Check them out hope you like them.

• LilyG3013

October 17, 2014 at 4:05 pm

Thank you for all the responses! I apologize for not being present on this thread. My husband surprised me by not coming home from a guys night until the next day and then asking for a divorce. I’m a little shell shocked. I won’t be getting a floor any time soon. I’ll just be figuring out how to afford to live my life.

• Veena

Administrator
    October 17, 2014 at 4:17 pm

OMG! I’m so sorry, how awful! Please let any if us know if there is anything we can do. We’re here for you even if it’s just to vent! 💜💜💜

• AllysonKendal

October 17, 2014 at 4:18 pm

*hugs* I’m so sorry Lily. Thats awful.

I don’t know anything about your situation… but I hope that things get better for you. No one deserves to be with anyone who doesn’t value and appreciate them. 🙁

• grayeyes

October 17, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Oh dear, Lily. I can only imagine the shell shock. You know where to find your pole friends if you need support. Sending some positive energy your way.

• Hazi411

October 18, 2014 at 3:55 am

OMG that’s awful. Positive thoughts and virtual hugs coming from me too.