StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Building strength and flexibility

• Building strength and flexibility

Posted by Yanille79 on June 28, 2013 at 4:51 am

I’ve been pole dancing an average of two to three times a week. I always warm up with the pole strength routine of veena. I was wondering in order to build more strength should I be doing weights in addition or just with the strength routine and tricks and climbing ? Will I build sufficient amount of strength with just that. So basically should I be doing more? Also how often should I be stretching ? I find myself all over the place some times.

Yanille79 replied 11 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • xxhayleyxx

June 29, 2013 at 2:36 pm

I am very new to pole, only been doing it for maybe a month now? But I cant tell you being someone who has never been in a sport or worked out with weights on a regular basis, that I could not even hold myself on the pole. But in the short amount of time I've been poling, I've gained enough strength to hold myself up and do tricks I would have never thought I could do. I would say if you have time/ drive to do a little extra with weights go ahead! For me, I don't and I get bored with that kind of exercise. Poling is a definite workout and totally more fun than weights and you for sure can build strength with just that. As for stretching, I am still trying to figure out the routine for that one.

• Yanille79

June 29, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Thanks for your response. I hate weights and the gym. That’s one of the many reasons I started poling. Maybe ill try doing weights when I have time. But I started realizing just with pole is enough. As long as you stay consistent. I think at least three times a week. Since some weeks I have time to do that and then sometimes two weeks go by and haven’t touched the pole. Maybe that’s my problem. My goal is three times a week. But for stretching I have no clue . If u find out let me know . U r so sweet. Enjoy your pole journey. It’s awesome. Makes me happy better shape and I even have lost some in security’s I had with my self . You gain confidence. And when you master a trick its so self rewarding. Good luck xoxo 🙂

• Yanille79

June 29, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Oh and forgot to add, Veenas on line lessons are the best out there. I have learned more with her lessons then at a studio. I think every pole dancer should take her lessons even the advanced polers

• Paunobs

June 29, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Hi, I have not done Any weight work other than strength building using the pole, and push-ups also ab work, pushing your own body weight is the best weight workout ever. If you want to advance quicker perhaps it could be beneficial but in all honesty I would not know. Flexibility becomes a must do as you become further advanced , and also something that you will strive for.

• Yanille79

September 16, 2013 at 8:52 am

Thanks guys for your tips 🙂