StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Butterfly Balm

• azzwoo

February 23, 2010 at 11:09 pm

a bit random I know, but when I used to play the cello we used to use blocks of rosin to rub on the bows to give them grip to the strings, I used to buy the from the music shop over here, so it might be worth looking in a music shop if you can’t find it in a sports shop!

• polergirl

February 24, 2010 at 2:12 am

Look in the baseball section of sporting goods stores–they often have rosin bags. I got mine there. Would prefer maybe yoga chalk, but the rosin does fine for my purposes. I really try not to use it unless I am desperate to be sticky and just can’t make it happen any other way.

• sunnyinphoenix

February 25, 2010 at 3:34 am

I used this at a workshop and it is very sticky. I had bruises where my thighs stuck to the pole and then I "slid" down from an invert. But it is amazing and helpful when learning a new trick. Another product you might try (and forgive me I’m traveling so I can’t go look at the name) is in the baseball section of Sport Chalet. It’s in an aerosol can. It is also very sticky but probably a little less than Butterfly Balm. I like it.
    Sunny

• moonflower

February 25, 2010 at 4:35 am

I’ve checked the Walmart’s in my area and they dont; have it. I"m up in Canada so maybe that’s why. Sportchek doesn;t have a big baseball section. I"ll check Nationals maybe. I wonder if the rosin for string instruments will work.

Page 2 of 2