StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions CHRISTMAS TREE SPLITS CHALLENGE AGAIN? I am in!

• Ocuspocus

September 30, 2012 at 10:22 pm

I find this thread very funny!!! I guess you must all have very big xmas trees…here they are small and made of plastic so I don't think I could split on it (:

• dustbunny

October 1, 2012 at 11:07 am

I have my first set of pics posted (from 2 weeks ago) and I'm closer than I thought! 

https://www.studioveena.com/photos/view_album/506370b7-eaec-4e67-b165-47240ac37250

Doing some more stretching today and taking another set of pics!

• CdoubleU

October 2, 2012 at 2:26 am

Wow you’re so close to getting those splits! I am miles away from mine but i’ve always really wanted to get them so i think ill give this a try! 🙂

• dustbunny

October 2, 2012 at 10:33 am

Thanks CdoubleU!  Although these are the first pics I've taken, this isn't really my "starting point".  I started to train my flexibility a little last winter and more seriously this summer.  Seeing these pictures was quite a shock even to me, I had no idea how close I was to my middles!

• ShonaLancs

October 2, 2012 at 4:16 pm

So… I said I would do this and as yet I haven’t done any stretching :-/

• Saphyre

October 2, 2012 at 4:25 pm

I haven't done very much either!!

• bosslegs

October 2, 2012 at 11:16 pm

I’m late lol but I’m in

• calipolepixie

October 3, 2012 at 12:08 am

Yeah…so i havent started yet…sigh. But i’m still in this!

• Runemist34

October 3, 2012 at 3:24 am

Calipolepixie- I am totally in the same boat. I just moved! It's taking a while to settle in again. But… I'll get there!

Maybe I'll have birthday splits instead of christmas splits… but I'm still gonna try for christmas!

• NikitaDarling

October 3, 2012 at 8:52 am

I'm in on this! Have researched several new methods involving small balls and therabands…. never a better chance to put them to the test, while also getting to know my peers!

• Desirae

October 3, 2012 at 9:36 am

PINTEREST HAS GREAT WORKOUT ROUTINES I HEAR. I STARTED LAST NIGHT.

• mbrontmire

October 3, 2012 at 11:40 am

Hi I am very new to this, a girlfriend and I just took our very first lesson lastnight at SpinFire Pole Fitness in Jasper Ontario with Sarah and loved it. I have been looking for something to call my own and really get into and I think I have found this in pole dancing. Silly really to say just after one lesson lol. I would like to take this challenge to but if someone can make some suggestions on how to acheive this what exercises or stretches to work and loosen the muscles

Thanks Michelle https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif 

• NikitaDarling

October 3, 2012 at 12:16 pm

It really depends on the splits you are trying to acheive, but generally speaking, anything you can do to loosen your hip flexors and stretch your hamstrings is good. Pigeon pose is pretty handy, as is a good ol' jazz split. 

I'm pretty decent at my side splits, but am currently trying to get a solid middle split. One method i've been using for the middle splits (which seems to be working), is using ankle weights on both ankles and sliding my butt to the wall . I'd only recommend doing this after some light cardio (so you're warm), and i wouldn't go higher than 2 1/2 lbs per ankle…. gravity seems to be doing the rest, but it's still a process. 

Also, try holding a low horse stance for a little longer each day: this will work your inner thigh and  hip flexors. Good luck Michelle!

• adAstra

October 7, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Working on warming up now and stretching in maybe 30-45 min. Anyone that wants to feel free to join in on chat 🙂

• MissMeliss

October 9, 2012 at 5:50 am

I've added my current splits to my photos on here. Feel free to give any advice! I'd LIKE to have a middle spit by then.. but not convinced. I'm not sure if my joints will let me, to be honest!

Page 6 of 16