StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions CHRISTMAS TREE SPLITS CHALLENGE AGAIN? I am in!

• AriFerrari

October 9, 2012 at 8:42 am

Need advice!
    I've been working on my flexibility about twice a week. Last week I had a really nice stretch session and got to where I can hold my foot with my arms overhead (don't know what this is called) and also did a coccoon (with a heel cheat, but still better than I ever expected.) Yet, I'm still struggling with a few inches to my right side box split and several inches for my left.

I have always had somewhat tight hamstrings but what seems to be the most constricting (painful even) area when I'm trying to get into my stretch is the tendon on the back of my ankle (achilles) it feels so tight! I've point and flex while stretching and attempting the splits hoping to loosen it up but to no avail, it just stays so tight and causes a weird sensation and my front foot even shakes vigorously while stretching it? Does anyone have advice on this?!

Thanks!

• Cantetinza17

October 9, 2012 at 9:53 am

My friend had that problem and she literally had to wrap her ankle with a heating pad and she would do the normal point, flex, side to side, around in a circle  motions to loosen it up.  it took some time though, but she would do it every day, twice if she could, but you know life is going on and sometimes you can't do twice a day.  Maybe that could work for you.  O and I would try wearing socks that covers your ankle.  Your ankle needs to stay warm, you may also need anklebraces too.  Definitely go see your doctor to make sure.

Congrats on your achievements and good luck on the rest of your goals.

• Cantetinza17

October 9, 2012 at 9:56 am

Christmas tree splits huh?  Well my apartment is small so I normally get those little Rosemary trees, so I'll try that.  However I don't put mine up until Christmas Eve.  It is a tradition that my mom did with us and then it just stuck.   https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

• dustbunny

October 19, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Hope you all are stretching hard and feeling good!  Had an unexpectedly good stretching session yesterday and updated my pics including my best middles to date!!!  Oh yeah baby!

https://www.studioveena.com/photos/view_album/506370b7-eaec-4e67-b165-47240ac37250

I was really just doing maintenance because I was sore from gymnastics the night before.  Spend 2 full hours including foam rolling and stretching.  Turned out well, glad I took the time to do it.  πŸ™‚

• Runemist34

October 19, 2012 at 9:02 pm

I'm trrryyyiiinng! Pictures will come soon, when I can get my stretching to happen at the same time that boyfriend is home πŸ˜‰

• calipolepixie

October 19, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Alright so i started stretching last week & got in 3 days worth & my goodness do i have my work cut out for me. I’m going to shoot for 2-3 days this week. I will take pics of each side starting point this weekend as well as measure how far i am from floor & i think take new pics & measurements every 2 weeks to try & document improvement. Hopefully ill keep up w/it! Here we go!

• Haley Bug

October 19, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Yay splits!! I'm in on this one πŸ˜‰ <33

• Pole gal

October 20, 2012 at 6:35 am

il defo be up for this. πŸ™‚ r we startin it now? or ?? xxx

• dustbunny

October 20, 2012 at 12:17 pm

You can start whenever you want, the idea is just to motivate ourselves to work on our flexibility.  I've worked on flexibility on and off for years, more consistently in the last year or so, and hard core for my 2012 Christmas Splits since about the middle of August! 

Remember it's not a competition, and you don't have to super flexible to try it.  Set a more realistic goal if you have to, or just aim to see how close you can get!

• Pole gal

October 20, 2012 at 2:01 pm

ive been doin stretches for splits for last 2weeks so already started and im actually quitre far down i think for just startin. will post  pics later https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif xxx

• CdoubleU

October 20, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Ive been trying stretches once or twice a week and feel im getting NOWHERE with it! πŸ™ Im still miles off the ground in any direction! Does veena have good stretch lessons on here? Im hoping to get them next week so hopefully that will give me inspiration!

• dustbunny

October 20, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Veena has great individual stretches and stretching routines too!

• AliciaPolerina

October 20, 2012 at 8:51 pm

I can split, but am working on adding height to my oversplits, and really want to work harder on my scorpion. Can I join too? Good luck everyone!:)

• sexygyrl

October 21, 2012 at 12:33 am

Count me in! I can’t split in any direction (yet). I am closest with my left though. Christmas is closer than my splits and maybe I will surprise myself 😱

• polepolepole

October 21, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Count me in! 

Page 7 of 16