StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Change of plans… The universe is in charge

• I polekat I

January 30, 2015 at 9:22 am

aaahhhh I love all you guys!!!! this thread has made me feel all warm and gooey inside hehe. it’s beautiful to see us all connecting like this , and especially that it has come from our difficulties =)
    shoog it’s like looking in a mirror! throat eh?? communication and speaking your mind … mine definitely needs some tlc!!! and I too recently dissolved one of my oldest friendships; we had been best friends for…. over 10years! and for the longest time I thought we would be friends forever. so I hung in there when things started to feel strained and I battled with myself telling myself it would come right again. then it became all too obvious how toxic the relationship had become, and I found the courage to make a clean break – she made it very easy for me in the end. she has now moved away, and my life is happier and I have one less dead weight dragging me down. and I am learning not to be so patient with those people who would try to take advantage of my good nature… possibly a little cynical yes… but I think for me that is no bad thing to not be so open and naïve and giving to those who would abuse it =) I have my lovely boyfriend to thank for being my endlessly supportive rock – he always has my back and helps me to be a bit more of a bastard when I need to be haha!! and pole as well is really helping me find my inner strength, and to recognise what is important and what is superficial …

Allyson have you ever had reiki? sounds like your new yoga teacher is quite the healer… ! =) I would definitely want to spend more time with her she sounds amazing. but you hit the nail on your head with your situation – it is difficult to make decisions which benefit only ourselves ! it is much easier to put our self out rather than someone else, isn’t it ??! This is one area in my life I am working on – learning to say no for my own wellbeing, and learning to not feel guilty about it!! it is self-fulfilling/gratifying, every time I refuse an invitation I would usually have accepted I feel a sudden rush of joy that I can now do whatever I WANT with my time (usually nothing, but the nothing time is just as important as anything else!) and it helps you the next time u have a similar situation, and the next…. At Christmas time my parents and older sister went back to Scotland to see all the rest of our family, but it meant an (at least ) 8hr drive each way in bad weather and a hectic gathering with lots of family, then a rush back in time for work again …I gently refused, knowing deep down i needed a quiet break. this was ABSOLUTELY UNHEARD OF!!!!! and I wrestled with my decision right up until my sister left… 1 day later she is messaging me telling me how stressed she is and how she wished she hadn’t bothered and had stayed with me….. it is one of the hardest things in the world putting yourself first, but for people like us it is so important… =D and the benefits are immeasurable …..

tamarinda I know the feeling =/ I am lucky enough to have a few friends who are very spiritual , but most people look at you funny when you start going into this stuff… I get it, I am still trying to wrap my head round some of the ideas myself yes some of it is farfetched, but then the more you discover it seems obvious that OF COURSE this is how the world works and we are just waking up to the knowledge…. but some people will always be sceptical . my sister always jokingly dismissed it all as ‘hocus pocus hippy voodoo bullshit’, so I just kept it to myself around her never discussed it with her at all, and it was a long time before she became receptive to any of it and agreed to let my friend reiki her … (it was funny, I remember at the time that annoyed a little, that she wouldn’t put any stock in it when it was ME talking, but that she listened when it came from someone else… mini grumble) but I guess we have to let everyone find their own path in life, and just try to connect ourselves with like-minded souls. I am finding more and more of them lately popping up everywhere ! =D
    Book recommendations yaay love it! might I suggest ‘The Celestine Prophecy’ – mind-blowing book, really something else…everyone should read it. and anything by Betty Shine , wonderful wonderful very likeable healer lady.
    Wow!!! apologies for the essay…. Thank you so much ladies this has been massively cathartic for me and i love hearing your thoughts – just what I needed this week!

• Stefana of Light

January 30, 2015 at 9:32 am

Lovely polecat!! I second the Celestine prophecy!!! that was actually my first spiritual book … I experienced plant energy for my first time and also had a deep history review of how to let my parents sorrow go so I didn’t have to carry there pain and mistakes :):) I’ve always taken in the load of the universe. That book was major for me – at the time I had no idea why the book would literally stop me. Have you read the experiential guide for the Celestine prophecy?? It gives you exercises to help cultivate what the novel has opened you up to. I rented it from the library , I highly recommend buying it though because there’s so much to take it and I wanted to jot and write all over the pages!! 🙂 Oh gol gal …So fun how connected we all are if we believe !!

• Tamarinda

January 31, 2015 at 8:13 pm

You ladies are so great and kind. I really appreciate the book recommendations and I will be looking into those. I’ve also been inspired to give kundalani a try. If anyone has any more book recommendations to throw out that would be great!!! (Book nerd)

• Lucca Valentine

January 31, 2015 at 8:56 pm
  • Lucca Valentine

January 31, 2015 at 9:00 pm

Ahhhh! Don’t have time to read it all now but this thread akready warms my heart! Got far enough to know yay shoog! Things happen as they will 🙂 sometimes ours is not to question why! And more recent post wise: Celestine prophecy is seriously so much gold, the whole idea of following what speaks to you even if you don’t know why is something I’ve been revisiting as late…it’s amazing how much we forget about eh? Missing pole like crazy and just stopped in to see what everyone was up to

• Stefana of Light

January 31, 2015 at 10:43 pm

Tamarinda – I look forward to hearing yor thoughts on kundalini!! I’m still super new to it so I’ll have more to share as I explore deeper. So far the heart chakra session was way intense, started a spasm that lasted 2 days until I coukd get adjusted so remember to breath, it gets intense but I like what one instructor said “do you always quit right before the miracle happens?”
    Lucca – that book looks super helpful! 😉 get back to poling sister !

• Tamarinda

April 21, 2015 at 1:35 pm

I have issues adjusting at times and have been trying to find good coping mechanisms so I can be a functioning adult. I struggle quite a bit with anger actually lol. I like Ashtanga yoga because I feel it wears me out plus it serves my flexibility and strength purposes.

A while back I had began trying kundalini yoga and strange things began happening lol waking up all tingly at night and feeling weird for sure. Lol. Id wake up at odd intervals through the night and I felt weird. I began to get nervous so I stopped. Also it exhausted me.

I tried again recently and I feel good after a session but I wake up feeling pure exhausten the next day. I would almost describe it as feeling hungover but I rarely drink… After Ashtanga yoga I feel quite calm and energized but kundalini drains the crap out of me the next day. My anger is actually on overdrive and gets worse as well. I feel on edge after it rather than calm like ashtanga.

I probably can’t blame all of this on yoga but… idk… I would really like to continue kundalini for the spiritual benefits but I guess I’m just kind of confused. I don’t know if this is fact but I read somewhere that kundalini sends the adrenal system into overdrive and the next day your body kind of “comes down”. Over time the body adjusts. Should I keep sticking it out and wait for the body to adjust because I am really interested in it, it just makes me feel so odd the next day.

• Stefana of Light

April 21, 2015 at 4:51 pm

So awesome you found a blissful state of yoga! As far as the way you were feeling.. I have been waking up many areas of my being with yoga, to me it feels like a conscious connection between breath and body is literally allowing my potential to be manifested removing the bars of what I have thought of myself up to this period. kundalini seems to be a system that energizes me and allows me to flush out old progammed thoughts and create room for new. I’ve been doing a Indian dance style yoga this last month And it’s really fun… I have to say though as far as grounding myself and getting to that calm beautiful state hatha always does that for me. I am mot experienced with ashtanga but it seems like a powerful system as well. Seems like there is way more to yoga than any of us realize, the gift is unfolding daily ! I think the life of yoga will show us nicely what we’ve always known. 💜🌱

Page 2 of 2