StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Changed poles – straight edge split difficulty

• Changed poles – straight edge split difficulty

Posted by Storm on January 15, 2009 at 11:34 pm

Wondering if anyone has had the same issue…

I’ve recently purchased a 45mm titanium xpole, I have used one before and it felt really sturdy and easier to grip.

At pole class we use a 50mm Chrome and performing a straight edge split using a gun grip (left arm extended fully, right arm hooked around the pole using the inner arm skin to grip and sturdy myself on the pole inverted) and I have no trouble doing this.. almost feels like second nature.

Since getting the new pole this move (and reverse caterpillar) feels really unsturdy (I can’t believe 5 mm could make so much difference!), perhaps i’m getting nervous and sweaty palms makes the pole more slippery…

Has anyone got any tips or overcome this somehow?

Cheers

Notradaya replied 15 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Notradaya

January 23, 2009 at 3:10 pm

No tips here but you’re not alone… I learn on and own a 38mm pole… the poles at the gym i go to and occasionally practice on are std 50mm. i can do certain moves at the gym that I just can never get at home and vice versa. the wider pole seems to be great for that forearm grip, and the elbow grip, but my skinny pole feels much more secure with a split grip in the aysha. can’t even attempt the forearm or elbow, just too skinny to grip. my 42mm is not much better either. so it’s not totally uncommon! good luck sorting it out, practice practice! but be safe!