StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Competition makeup??

• lilblondie

September 17, 2010 at 3:11 pm

I have never done a competition, but I work at a club in a very similar environment. I wear a powder foundation (bare minerals) with concealer underneath if I need it. The powder stays fine with sweat and bright lights. I think big lashes, heavy bronzer (or blush) and super-shiny lip gloss are the only real essentials for the stage!

Tips on lashes: Buy the longest, thickest fake eyelashes you can find. Bend them to make sure they’re flexible and pick off any white adhesive. I swear by DUO brand eyelash glue, clear or black – it’s much better than the kind that comes in the package, and you should be able to find it at the drugstore next to the eyelashes. Apply a thin line on the lashes, wait 30-60 seconds, then gently drop them on your lashline. I like to go inner corner first, then middle, then outer corner. They should stay all night. If they don’t, take them off, try again, and fix your eyeliner afterward. I find touch-ups rarely hold very long.

Also, if you have long hair and plan on wearing it down while on the pole, pick a non-tacky lipgloss or wear lipstick instead.

Most of all don’t fuss with it — if you’re not a makeup person keep it to a few simple gestures. Lashes, blush, and gloss is plenty! What I’ve learned (true for competitions too, I’m sure) is that no one is looking at your MAKEUP. If you get what I mean. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif The key is to be comfortable.

Page 2 of 2