StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Complete beginner after some advice!

• Complete beginner after some advice!

Posted by nikkistrand9707 on September 2, 2015 at 3:01 pm

Hi all!

I’m a complete beginner (I had my 5th session at a studio last week) and have been slightly obsessed since day dot and been watching endless videos and reading endless blogs 😊

My issue is that where I currently live there is absolutely no space for my own pole so I am relying on 1hr a week session at my local studio. I really want to work on stuff during the week that’s going to help me progress with strength and flexibility etc so I feel like I’m working on pole even if there isnt physically one there… I’ve been toying with paying for Veenas lessons to get access to the conditioning and flexibility lessons but a lot of stuff I’ve seen on the Internet focuses on exercises done around a pole. I guess my question is how many of these lessons involve an actual pole and would I be able to complete any of the programmes / flexi stuff without a pole?

Any advice would be much appreciated
    Niks 💜

nikkistrand9707 replied 9 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    September 2, 2015 at 4:13 pm

The lessons here are actually great of new dancers because they are all placed in order, there’s no guessing as to what is level appropriate!

I have 175 lessons that DO NOT require a pole!!!!! Routines, stretching, conditioning, you name it! More are being added all the time as well, this number does not even include the hula hooping lessons! Strength and conditioning along with stretching is a great way to work on improving your pole sessions in studio! 🙂

• nikkistrand9707

September 3, 2015 at 5:06 pm

Veena, thanks so much for this – I shall sort out funds and sign up 😊
    I’m setting myself a workout plan, was thinking of:
    Mon: strength / flexi / conditioning
    Tues: yoga
    Weds: pole
    Thurs: yoga
    Fri: strength / flexi / conditioning
    Sat: strength / flexi / conditioning

Any tips or advice on what I should include?

• mystical

September 3, 2015 at 5:12 pm

You need at least one day of rest between strength training, I see you have strength training back to back. To me everything looks fine but remember work on strength 3 times a week with rest days in between..

• mystical

September 3, 2015 at 5:15 pm

Oh flexibility you need rest days in between and if you haven’t done flexibility before work on it 1 day a week for a couple weeks the 2 days a week then so on.

• Veena

Administrator
    September 3, 2015 at 8:54 pm

You’ll find stuctued workout ideas in the lessons! Try using the 30 days to flexy! You could also use the 30 day take off program and just skip any pole work. Most of the strength and conditioning found in this program can be done without a pole using s doorway or just the resistance bands.

The take off program will build strength and flexibility and the 30 days to flexy will focus more on flexibility and mobility alone. 💜

• nikkistrand9707

September 4, 2015 at 2:24 pm

Thank you both!
    Given me lots to go on and get started 😊