StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Crucix help

• Crucix help

Posted by Yanille on March 4, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Hi I need tips. I keep sliding down from my crucifix. Even if I’m squeezing the pole tight. Any tips that I can get i will appreciate thanks 🙂

Yanille replied 12 years, 6 months ago 10 Members · 27 Replies
  • 27 Replies
  • Yanille

March 4, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Hi I need tips. I keep sliding down from my crucifix. Even if I’m squeezing the pole tight. Any tips that I can get i will appreciate thanks 🙂

• Yanille

• Yanille

• Yanille

• Yanille

• Runemist34

March 4, 2012 at 5:08 pm

My goodness, darling, you seem to be having a little bit of technical issues! Rarely do I see so many posts of the same thing so many times!

To deal with your issue, perhaps a little clarification? Are you doing an inverted crucifix, or an upright one? Is your pole warm when you give it a try?

This move can be difficult at first…I have a little bit of a sliding issue, as well. I find the best advice was this: Try to turn your knees in toward each other. So, push your legs together, yes, but also twist them inwards, into the pole! It should aid in your grip.

• Caramel Delight

March 4, 2012 at 5:13 pm

I’m having the same problem. Pole is warm. I was capable of doing it but out of nowhere I keep sliding. I don’t know what gives.

• Runemist34

March 4, 2012 at 5:18 pm

Well, this might seem like an odd suggestion but… did the weather change? Even that can effect the pole surface. I know that for me, when it's hot and humid out, I stick like crazy to my pole! But, when it's dry, it's slippery. Other people have had the opposite issue, too!

Otherwise, give the knee-squeezing a try 🙂

• Caramel Delight

March 4, 2012 at 5:44 pm

I will give it a try! The weather here is… Changing from cold as crap to a nice spring warmth.

• Dancing Paws

March 4, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Caramel – Do you have dry skin? When my skin was super dry I couldn't grip my pole with my body at all! Grip aid is great for that. You get a stick, but you still need to squeeze your muscles to stay in the trick. If you sweat during exerces, being really warm will help you stick.

• Caramel Delight

March 4, 2012 at 7:53 pm

I only have mighty grip. My skin is normally pretty dry. I haven’t been lotioning fearing it would make me slip. Like no lotion at all! All day lol.

• Dancing Paws

March 4, 2012 at 9:35 pm

You should use lotion. Your skin needs to be hydrated in order to stick. Try vaseline total moisture conditioning. I've been using it and it is really nice. It rubs in quickly, doesn't make you feel sticky, but it works really well. I can pole right after puttin git on with no problem. If your legs stay too dry in a pole session, put some corn huskers lotion on them (slather it on.) You'll stick after that. 🙂

• UTpoler

March 4, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Lotion makes the pole slippery when you sweat the oils out.  I recommend Pole instead.  ðŸ™‚ 

• PaulettePoles

March 5, 2012 at 4:29 am

I use both the vaseline and the corn huskers and have no slippage issues from them. In fact the huskers makes me stick!

• Caramel Delight

March 5, 2012 at 4:53 am

Your right I do need to moisturize! I will let you know how it goes when I practice today.

Page 1 of 3