StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Crucix help

• chemgoddess1

March 5, 2012 at 8:11 am

Only lotions that have an oil base will cause issues (look for something like petrolatum in the first several ingredients).  Many lotions use glycerine as their moisturizing agent and will not cause issues.  I beleiev glycerine is the main ingredient in (well not main but it is what gives it its magic powers).  BTW, Most of the Vaseline products use glycerine as well as the Aveeno products.  I use the Vaseline Intensive Care Aloe and have never had an issue even using it right before poling. 

Compare these two:

Bath and Body Works lotion (note petrolatum and shea butter):

Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceteryl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Fragrance (Parfum), Ceteareth-20, Butyrspermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Lavandula Angusifolia (Lavender) Extract, Macademia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Isododecane, Carbomer, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Propylparaben, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Red 33, Blue 1

Vaseline Aloe

Water, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Glycol Stearate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera), Cucumis Sativus Extract (Cucumber), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower), Or Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Glycine Soja Sterol (Soybean), Sodium Stearoyl 2 Lactylate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A Palmitate), Sodium Acrylate/Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Mineral Water, Sodium PCA, Potassium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Collagen Amino Acids, Urea, Fragrance, Triethanolamine, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Disodium EDTA, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Basically stay away from any lotion that has a petroleum based moisturizer.

• Caramel Delight

March 5, 2012 at 8:28 am

Awesome advice Chem!!! Thanks! I was about to go out and purchase that Vasaline lotion but my Johnsons Body care is pretty similar in ingredients.

• Dancing Paws

March 5, 2012 at 9:37 am

It's funny. Most of my lotions have oil in them and I can feel the greasiness of them. My B&BW lotion has petrolium as the 3rd ingredient wiht oils shortly after. My total moisture lotion has petrolium as the 5th ingredient, and oil as the 8th. It must be such small quantities by that point cuz it isn't greasy at all! It can actually make me stickier. I find my hemp lotion greasy, but it has oil later down the list…I guess it just depends on the formulation.

• Veena

Administrator
    March 5, 2012 at 11:43 am

All great advice, also make sure your pole and body are both warm. If you try the Crucifix with cold legs, and cold pole you'll slide. Good luck to you I'm sure you'll get it! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif

• Stevesgirl

March 5, 2012 at 3:16 pm

I've never heard of Corn Husker lotion.  Can anyone tell me if this lotion has a smell to it (fragrant or otherwise)?  I have really bad asthma and anything that has 'perfumy' smell will send me to the hospital.  Also, where do you buy this?  Thanks.  I have SUPER dry skin and I have been hoping to find a lotion that works for me!

• SexyRockStarsWifeNowWidow

March 5, 2012 at 3:24 pm
  • Caramel Delight

March 5, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Never heard of it… 🙁

• SexyRockStarsWifeNowWidow

March 5, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Since I can't edit my post above. It doesn't have a perfumy smell to it, my husband who is very sensitive to scents loves this stuff. Your skin will absorb it and not leave you feeling greasy.

• chemgoddess1

March 5, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Corn Huskers has been around for AGES.  It was routinely used by farmers who worked in the fields as their hands would get extremely dry and would crack.  They needed something that was not oily but would penetrate.  Not sure if it ever made it "across the pond".

Stevesgirl, here are the ingredients: Water, glycerin, sd alcohol 40, sodium calcium alginate, oleyl sarcosine, methylparaben, guar gum, triethanolamine, calcium sulfate, fragrance, calcium chloride, fumaric acid and boric acid.

• Stevesgirl

March 5, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Thank you so much Witchess.  I think I will purchase some ASAP.  I hope this works!  I have horribly dry skin that I would pay big money to get rid of.  I've also been having a really hard time sticking to my pole and I'm thinking that dry skin could be the problem.

• Yanille

March 5, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Thank you so much for all your tips. I will warm up before and my pole. I havent used lotion in weeks. I’m going to purchase the corn huskers asap. I’ll keep u posted. Tomorrow will be a pole day.:)

• Yanille

Thank you so much for all your tips. I will warm up before and my pole. I havent used lotion in weeks. I’m going to purchase the corn huskers asap. I’ll keep u posted. Tomorrow will be a pole day.:)

• Yanille

• Yanille

• Yanille

March 5, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Also weather did change it actually got cold in the 50’s in Miami when I tried it. Weather is getting hot again I’ll try it. Also it’s a inverted crucifix. Wish me luck. 😉

Page 2 of 3