• DVDs??

Posted by secret_shelby on March 14, 2009 at 1:40 pm

Anyone know any good DVDs (or websites?) just for getting the basics? I really want to buy the lessons on here, but I need to save money for a little bit (it’s that time of year…) and I was gonna save them for the more intermediate/advanced moves. So if you know a good DVD or website or whatnot that has simple instructions on basic moves, I’d really appreciate it!!

Thanks so much! : ]

rubberstarlet replied 15 years, 7 months ago 18 Members · 23 Replies
  • 23 Replies
  • RoxyPink

March 14, 2009 at 3:25 pm

Jamillas dvd’s are the best. you can get all 5, or you can get the first 2 and then the last 3. She breaks things down wonderfully! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

• jeng

March 14, 2009 at 6:35 pm

I agree, I have Jamilla’s Art of Pole cds as well and she explains the moves in a manner that are easy to follow. Much better then some of my past instructors.

• FreeTheSun

May 25, 2009 at 3:44 am

I third the Jamilla "Art of Pole". All 5 plus shipping aren’t bad at all. From Aussie World to the states was somewhere around $90 including shipping and insurance. She’s really good at dancing AND teaching, many are only good at the dancing bit which is disappointing.

• Rouge_LAmour

May 25, 2009 at 8:29 am

Jamilla’s dvds are really good. She’s a great teacher and breaks things down very well.

Her DVD’s also have bits on conditioning the body for pole, stretching, strengthening and stuff like that.
    plus she puts moves together as you progress through the DVD.

Veena’s lessons are a great cheap way to learn too. The strength work can never be started too early, along with the stretches. This will start to get you ready, but if you’ve never done pole, it will still be shock.

• RoxyPink

May 25, 2009 at 3:09 pm

Everyone has already said it…Jamilla’s dvds are by far the best ones that I’ve seen!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

• stardust

May 27, 2009 at 1:43 pm

Hi,
    I’m a beginner in pole dance. I’ve been recommended to buy
    1) "Vertical Dance Workout Vol 1 – Beginner to Intermediate" (KT Coates)
    2) " The Art of Pole – Vol 1 & Vol 2 (Jamilla Deville)

Please advise which one should I get? Thanks

• Veena

Administrator
    May 27, 2009 at 3:14 pm

Hi,
    I’m a beginner in pole dance. I’ve been recommended to buy
    1) "Vertical Dance Workout Vol 1 – Beginner to Intermediate" (KT Coates)
    2) " The Art of Pole – Vol 1 & Vol 2 (Jamilla Deville)

Please advise which one should I get? Thanks
    I like them both, but Jamilla does a wonderful job of explaining.

• Beccagirl

June 4, 2009 at 7:41 pm

has anyone herd of flirty girl dvds? I was thinking about getting the chair dance one:?: so was just curious if anyone knew of them and if they where any good??

• Toccara

June 4, 2009 at 8:15 pm

has anyone herd of flirty girl dvds? I was thinking about getting the chair dance one:?: so was just curious if anyone knew of them and if they where any good??

I asked this same question a few days ago, https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_lol.gif for the most part everyone said they didnt like it! So I didnt get it! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_thumbdown.gif

• monz1984

June 6, 2009 at 4:25 pm

My friend bought the DVDS from flirty girl fitness. They are more of a warm up/workout than pole dance instructions. The beginner is the most basic you can get. It includes ONE spin.

• krystalgem85

June 12, 2009 at 3:47 am

I am so excited my bf just bought me the Art of Pole volume 1 and 2 in trade for a massage! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Love him<3

• Charley

June 12, 2009 at 12:24 pm

Jamilla’s DVD’s are awesome but there some others out there that I love!

Vertical Dance is fantastic – great warm ups and cool downs – more athletically based and the breakdowns are very good plus she gives tips for every single move. Each move is very indepth. The best part is the movements are so easy to see and they are done in slow motion too. Fabulous DVD. The first set is amazing for beginners and focuses on building strength and stamina 1 move at a time.

Pole Cats – is another fabulous DVD, things are taught by how you go into them which makes is so much easier. For example the fireman and the attitude are taught back to back because you go into the same way. Very clear, easy instruction

Pole Tricks 101 – Pantera – This is a must have DVD. WARNING – it’s all advanced moves but a great watch if you’re not there yet. Not all of the moves are explained well and there is nudity but it’s Pantera for 1 and for 2 it covers a lot of moves not taught often like the split heel, the snap and spin, etc. Really good DVD but it does have nudity. Keep in mind this was one of the first pole DVD’s ever made so it was made more so for performers than home users but it’s a great DVD and Pantera Rocks!

• joni1

June 18, 2009 at 1:13 am

Hi , can someone please tell me if jamilla’s dvd is taught on a static or spinning pole? Where can I purchase her dvd’s? THANKS

• FreeTheSun

June 18, 2009 at 5:46 am

You can buy them at artofpole.com
    It is taught on both a spinning and static pole (to my memory…I saddly haven’t watched them in a while but think I’ll break em out right now), some moves are with one, some are with the other but it always tells you which.

• rubberstarlet

July 6, 2009 at 11:09 pm

I found this dvd and was thinking of buying it. what do you all think?

http://www.poleexercise.co.uk/buy/

Page 1 of 2