StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Day 3 of 30 day takeoff

• Day 3 of 30 day takeoff

Posted by JarahHunnie9406 on November 2, 2015 at 6:00 pm

Okay, so I’ve started the take off on Thursday and haven’t really been keeping on the days. Should I carry on or start again from day one to try and keep it as close to on schedule as I can?
    I’m a massage therapist and my longer shifts are on the weekend so I don’t have a lot of time (especially sundays) or energy to do much of anything.
    Also, I am not even close to being able to do a pole hold. I can jump up and down in the position, but that’s it. So I took a closer look at the lessons for strengthening and conditioning for beginners. Do I need to be doing these alongside the 30 day take off? Or do I Just do the 30 day videos?
    Even more so? If I pause the 30 day take off on my weekend shifts, could I put the 30 day flexy into those days and just do stretching? I can do stretching on those days, that feels more beneficial.
    I feel like I have so many questions. Haha

Veena replied 8 years, 10 months ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Runemist34

November 2, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Hey there!
    It sounds like you’re right at the beginning of your pole journey, and let me tell you, we ALL miss days! Adjusting your training to what fits your schedule is really important, and sometimes, it means you might have to adjust the 30 day takeoff a bit!
    There are rest days built into it, but what you could do is simply do what you’re supposed to do on those rest days on the weekend instead! That way you’re getting your workouts done when you have energy and time, and you’re also taking a break.
    Also, please remember that even one day of training in a week is better than no days. Five days is like your maximum, and anywhere between those two is awesome!

Flexibility training WILL tax your muscles in similar ways to strength training, so alternating the two might be a bad idea. For flexy training, you’re trying to increase your flexibility- stretching is usually just allowing the muscles to relax and return to their regular flexibility after a training session. You’ll need proper rest days away from flexibility training as well!

The 30 day takeoff, as far as I can recall, does actually include some of the conditioning and strengthening exercises, so you need not do any extra training with them. It’s meant to ease you in, and get you used to the pattern of training, so that when you fly by yourself at the end, you’ll feel more confident with what you need to do, and how you’ll react to it.

Not being able to do a pole hold is… really common. I can’t think of any beginner who can do it, especially if they don’t have a background in lots of weight lifting, or a significant amount of dance or gymnastics. Pole hold is a good goal, but please remember that you are working toward it… you don’t have to be able to do it right now!

Hope you’re having fun!

• Veena

Administrator
    November 2, 2015 at 7:48 pm

If you have never poled before and have taken more than 4 days off from the program, start again. Keep in mind that I do include rest days so you’re not going to be working out everyday. I also include conditioning and flexibility training so there is no need to try and find other things to work on, unless you want to. Everything is there for you to progressively move on. Keep in mind that I tried to keep workout days under an hour most average about 30 mins of your time, that way those with kids and jobs can find time to fit in their training! Let me know if you have any other questions! 😀

• karenstewart378633

November 2, 2015 at 9:27 pm

Your exercises/program are so effective, I literally have to take a few days between workouts. They really hit the target areas.

• bformosa922163

November 2, 2015 at 10:24 pm

I also just started the 30 day program. After each session, I usually watch the videos for the next day and write down notes of what I need to do the next day.

I’ve only been sticking to the 30 day take off so I don’t get so overwhelmed with other exercises.

Everything you need is in the 30 day take off.

I used to be able to do the pole hold with ease, but now I struggle with it.

I try to stay focused on what I’m doing for that day, otherwise I tend lose patience and give up when I become eager to learn more than what I can.

• JarahHunnie9406

November 2, 2015 at 10:38 pm

Thank you all SO much for the information. I really do appreciate it! I’ll continue day 3 today, and I’ll stick to just doing the 30 day take off for now. However depending on which day Sunday falls on I’ll just repeat a rest day. Those are my toughest days and sometimes all of my super deep clients line up on that one long shift.
    I’m glad I’m not the only one not able to do a pole hold whatsoever. I was reading on another thread that you can practice the pole hold with your legs helping in the support? The link to the video seemed to take me to a video that may have been taken off. Anybody know more about that?

• Veena

Administrator
    November 2, 2015 at 11:44 pm

I don’t think I have you doing pole holds yet by day 3? However, if you find the Pole Hold Strength lesson is too challenging start with the Pole Hold https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/54921dfb-d4f0-474e-b098-238d0a9aa0eb This one gives you more options to work up to both feet off. 🙂

• JarahHunnie9406

November 3, 2015 at 3:57 pm

Thank you Veena!! Yes that video was perfect and broke it down more. When I did day 3, I was able to take both feet off for a slight second lol. The very first one, I got it and was able to engage my whole body while keeping proper posture and body mechanics. However I still don’t have quite the strength but now I have the proper way to build it. I was only able to really get that first one, the others felt more like attempts but I’m more motivated to work up to it now. 😄😄😄

• Veena

Administrator
    November 3, 2015 at 8:05 pm

Ok great!! It’s super common to not be able to hold the body up so don’t stress about that, it will come!