StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Deep pain in hip/butt….

• KrispyKradle

October 30, 2012 at 8:49 pm

I had a similar pain a few years back and it actually turned out to be blood clots…IF AT ANY POINT YOU NOTICE SWELLING IN YOUR LEG, YOU NEED TO GO STRAIGHT TO THE ER. Otherwise, finding a good physical therapist might be your best option. Good luck!

• KrispyKradle

October 30, 2012 at 8:50 pm

I had a similar pain a few years back and it actually turned out to be blood clots…IF AT ANY POINT YOU NOTICE SWELLING IN YOUR LEG, YOU NEED TO GO STRAIGHT TO THE ER. Otherwise, finding a good physical therapist might be your best option. Good luck!

• PowerTwirl

October 31, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Get MRI to see if it's not inflammation in your sacroiliac joints. I have ankylosing spondylitis and my pain started in the SI joints. It's not likely you have it but would be good to check with rheumatologist. good luck

• inkyfingers

October 31, 2012 at 5:54 pm

ankylosing spondylitis is pretty rare.  I wrote a paper on it when I was in college, and it's fascinating.  It's awesome that you're able to pole, PowerTwirl.  It can be disabling for some, while they're ankylosing.

• PowerTwirl

October 31, 2012 at 6:54 pm

yeah I'm in early stages. But there are some weeks where I can't barely move let alone pole !! I just like to bring it up since it is very hard to diagnose and people don't always think of it.

• KellyKegan

November 1, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Massages work great for me with hidden pains

While you wait on the chiropractor go get a massage maybe

that will hold you over until you get your appt.

Page 2 of 2