StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Design your own pole

• Design your own pole

Posted by Traceybat on May 20, 2013 at 2:52 am

Hi guys,

I have just moved to China and found a manufacturer that will create a pole to my own design. As an Australian, our preference is for 38mm brass spinning and static. I believe that brass has the best grip and the smaller diameter is easier for tricks. I just wanted to see if there was any demand for 38mm brass pole on this forum or ask, if you could design your own pole, what are the things that you aren't getting from your current pole provider. Also what price do you find acceptable to pay?

Tracey

Juicy J replied 11 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Juicy J

June 5, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Hi Tracey,
    Wow, that sounds awesome, doesn't?! Luckily it'll be manufactured in China, it'll be a bit more affordable too! Not to mention all the potential competition for business out there too.
    I just hope that when you do order a pole from them, they don't skimp on quality and safety!

As for pole preference, I currently own a 38mm Brass Spin & Static Bobbi's Pole Studio Pole as custom made by them. This is very similar to an X-Pole design in that it's fully removable, multi-pieced and is height-adjustable too. This was a secondhand pole that I bought off another girl from the studio and she had the pole only for a few months (purchased brand new from Bobbi's!) before she decided to sell it due to space restrictions in her new place.
    I paid $680 at the time, which was a fair bit lower than her original $800 price.
    To buy a brand new one would cost just over $1000 including shipping from Perth to your location. I didn't see the justification behind that hefty price tag as brand new X-Poles including shipping would NOT cost over a grand.

My biggest gripe with this pole would be the fact that it's a TOP-LOADED pole, and not a bottom-loaded pole unlike the X-Pert which is my other pole (first pole I ever bought). The X-Pert is so much easier and quicker to set-up and doesn't require a step ladder whereas a top-loaded pole is very fiddly and tiring to set-up compared to a bottom-loaded one.

So I guess I would keep everything about my current pole the same except for the adjustor rod – located to the bottom of the pole instead of top. Maybe if the dome and base could be smaller and more slim-lined like the X-Poles, that will also be great too! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

As for price, I would not pay more than $650 for a brand-new brass pole as described above.

Is this to give you some idea, Tracey?