StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Did you name yours?

• Did you name yours?

Posted by thesoulstudio on January 13, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Movement filled greetings!

I like to think of my pole as my dancing partner.  When I walk passed the small movement room in my house I stop to admire my shiny new friend and sometimes swing in for a quick hello with a Fireman Spin, a sassy walk around, or even a little slinky slide down my back. 

At the risk of sounding like a complete goof…  When I don't have a moment for even a teeny-weeny-tiny-fraction-of-moment-small visit, I'll just give a little wave and have even been known to say "hello" outloud.  On the occasions where this has happened, I've pondered naming my pole. 

Absurd?  Perhaps.  Completely like something I would do?  Absolutely!  (Hey, I'm the same woman who named my garbage disposal and my vacuum!)

So as I begin thinking of a name for my new dancing delight, I'm curious to know if anyone else has named their pole…

With joy,
    Nayana

BailaHoops replied 13 years, 8 months ago 13 Members · 20 Replies
  • 20 Replies
  • chumpchkin

January 13, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Have considered it. Was utterly stumped at the preceding and very necessary question: "Is it a boy or a girl?"

• Runemist34

January 13, 2011 at 11:07 pm

I've considered it, but I don't think mine requires a name.

Mine is, however, a male.

I heard from my first studio "The pole is the perfect dancing partner: Always ready, will always hold you up, and always erect." XD

Hence, I consider most poles to be male…also, if I'm a girl, and generally heterosexual, then I would expect this kind of dance partner to be male. Just my own thought!

• reenie aka Mysfit

January 14, 2011 at 12:37 am

LOL………….YEP!! All 3 of mine are names.

My clients/students get a real kick out of it….

My first 50mm Chrome Xpole—–Jose

My second 50mm Chrome Xpole–Jesus

My 38mm Brass Pole—Julio

They are my latin lovers~~~

https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_heart1.gifhttps://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_heart1.gifhttps://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_heart1.gif

https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

• thesoulstudio

January 14, 2011 at 5:50 pm

chumpchkin – Great question and one I hadn't even considered yet.  Although, it seems the majority of names which have popped into my head are primarily of the male persuasion.

Runemist34 – <3 the quote!

reenie – You own THREE!  <swoon>  ;o)  I've had a few Latin names pop up in my head as well.   My hubby frequently jokes I hide Jorge or Juan in the closet.  Perhaps I'll have to christen my pole as one of these delights.

• reenie aka Mysfit

January 14, 2011 at 5:55 pm

Hehehe…..Yep. I own 3. If I had my way…..and more space….I would own a dz at least!!

Like Jorge & Juan……

They may be next once I get some more poles. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

• studio409

January 14, 2011 at 10:27 pm

lol You girls are so sweat!!!! I have 8 poles in my Studio, I only use 3 of us and for me it's a girls. All the rest are a boys! I feel this, I don't know why lol But one of the boys name is "Fern". Each poles are differents and all of my students always take the same! It's not possible for her to work in another pole lol

• horsecrazy12987

January 14, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Mine doesn't have a name but I too have considered it. lmao She's a girl–all of my vehicles are too, actually. I don't know why–maybe because I am pretty tomboyish and hang out with guys and men tend to refer to everything–boats, cars, bikes, etc. etc.–as 'she.'

I'm not sure what I would call her though–I feel like she deserves something a little slutty, but nothing over-the-top. The stripper who's sexual without being nasty.

• tiggertail

January 15, 2011 at 7:36 am

You make me laugh a lot girls. Yep i have consider naming my pole but since i wasn't sure if it was he or she, didn't want to give it a wrong name. But it seem ok to think it need a guy name, would i really want a "girl" between my thigh? probably not LOL. I will take time to find him a hot sexy name just can't call him George or something like that.

@studio 409 I always tought they we're all guys since you refer to them as your men. Fern is the squeeky one right? lol

• horsecrazy12987

January 15, 2011 at 10:10 am

"But it seems ok to think it needs a guy name, would i really want a "girl" between my thigh? probably not LOL."

You bring up an interesting point. Previously I was totally hetero, but now that I have a female pole, does this make me bisexual?

• Finreah

January 15, 2011 at 10:45 am

"(Hey, I'm the same woman who named my garbage disposal and my vacuum!)"

*Cough Cough* The monster under the sink. We feed him. and the Dust bunny eradicator 5000 lives with us. I named my pole Dante cuz it's hot baby 😛 

• Katherine McKinney

January 15, 2011 at 11:50 am

My pole is a lady named “Peach.” Then again, I don’t think of my pole as a dancing partner. I think of her as a friend who offers great support when I need it the most. Thinking of her as a guy would make me think too much about phallic imagery, and that would ick me out.

• thesoulstudio

January 15, 2011 at 6:25 pm

studio409 – I like “Fern.”  It’s fun and cute!  I think it’s funny how we become “attached” to objects.  I remember always sitting in the same desk in school.  There’s a much stronger bond formed with a pole, so why not use the same one each class!  ;o)

horsecrazy12987 – I still haven’t decided on a name or for sure if it will be a manly name, but I completely agree on wanting it to be a little slutty.  You know, a lil bit naughty and a lil bit nice, full of just enough tease…

tiggertail – George?  *giggles*  Perhaps a gender-neutral name…

Finreah – Ooooh!  I <3 Dante.  What perfect name!  I’ll have to find something that speaks to me as much as this.  Our garbage disposal is Fred (I actually had to ask my hubby as I had forgotten the name just now…I find it hysterical he remembered!) and our vacuum is Suck-M-Sam.  :o)

AerialMcK – I like the notion of a pole as a friend you can lean on for support.  Beautiful!

• evennotodd

January 15, 2011 at 10:34 pm

I call my pole Quicksilver. I have a silver car I name Argento (a common Italian surname), but I had thought about calling it Quicksilver. But it's a better pole name anyway.

• nymphdancer

January 16, 2011 at 12:00 pm

the little minx is just "that freaking slippery little minx" most of the time. The x-pole is just "the x" But I don't name cars or anything like that either…..

• willowbreath

January 17, 2011 at 8:09 am

LOL. Well I haven't exactly named it, other than an ongoing commentary about it not being Hitch Pole. In my mind, Hitch Pole has a whole life going on that, to me anyway, is hilarious. My pole is NOT Hitch Pole. My pole doesn't leave out the back door, ask for money for the dry cleaning, need change for a taxi, etc. For those of you who don't know what Hitch Pole is, I've attached a link so you can all get the same giggles and fits of laughter I did.

http://www.platinumstages.com/NEW-Hitch-Pole_p_376.html

P.S. You MUST watch the video too!  haha…love it.  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

Page 1 of 2