StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Do you let your kids play on your pole?

• Do you let your kids play on your pole?

Posted by NessaJa on April 3, 2014 at 6:27 am

Hi all! Just wondering how many parent polers out there let their kids play on their poles? I have 3 kids and I let them play (supervised of course). People don’t mind my boys (8 & 7) playing on it but I get a few tsktsk’s for letting my daughter play on it, she has just turned 11 and, of course, they never even see me practice anything sexysexy in front of them so it’s all innocent stuff they do, like spins and stuff. I will add my daughter was a quiet timid girl who wouldn’t try things in fear of failing but, she struggled to get a fireman, didn’t give up and got it! Since that day she has come out of her shell, even offering to do public speaking for her school!
    So what are all your opinions? Should the pole be a no touch for kids or encourage them to have a go? Not that I could stop my youngest son even if I wanted to, he tells me he’s going to compete when he’s big and pole is in the Olympics 🙂

NessaJa replied 10 years, 6 months ago 20 Members · 45 Replies
  • 45 Replies
  • NessaJa

April 3, 2014 at 6:30 am

Sorry if there is already a discussion on this topic

• PolePrincessbrittiejean

April 3, 2014 at 6:33 am

I let my kids and my nieces and nephews play on mine….its not about what other people think is good or ok for ur kids its what you think is. Sounds like to me that it has been good for your daughter as well. Whether its the pole, what you feed them, or what they wear outsiders will always have something to say. Do what you think is best for you and your kids!

• NessaJa

April 3, 2014 at 7:21 am

Thank you for your response 🙂
    Normally I don’t care what outsiders think, I guess because I’m fairly new to the pole world it’s good to get opinions of others who have real understanding of what pole is all about 🙂
    I agree it’s been great for my daughter and my boys love when they can feel themselves getting stronger, really what they do on it is no different than a monkey gym, just vertical 🙂 and when I started I explained that it’s for fitness – kinda like yoga on a stick, they got a giggle out of that.

April 3, 2014 at 7:31 am

Yeah I can understand but truth of the matter only you know what’s best for your children….and just remember if anyone has something to say….almost every playground has a vertical bar!

• Ava Madison

April 3, 2014 at 8:14 am

My two children play on my pole all the time 🙂
    My son is pretty small yet so he goes “round & round”, plays with his cars on the pole floor and occasionally will ask to be helped to climb the pole because he thinks it’s cool to get all the way to the top and touch the dome. My daughter (much older) has her own pole clothes – she plays, inverts and from time to time will ask for a specific song and enjoys dancing too!
    We all play together as well: https://www.studioveena.com/videos/view/523c87e7-1de0-44f0-95c9-7ab60ac37250
    When they have friends over generally one of the first questions is “can we play on the pole?” As long as they are being safe and responsible (and it’s okay with the parents) it has always been encouraged in our house.

• Stefana of Light

April 3, 2014 at 8:29 am

Heck yes my boys are 2 and 4 and they love to pole! The little one does the “go around again”, my 4 year old likes to pick his own songs and can spin like maniac 😉 Seems like when we have company the kids defiantly gravitate towards the pole as well. Then again some people are just too busy judging to be open to it.

• NessaJa

April 3, 2014 at 4:26 pm

Awww Ava, your kids are soo gorgeous!!!! What a precious video! Love, love, love it. Thank you for your response 🙂

• NessaJa

April 3, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Thank you Shoogstandley,
    yes! any and every kiddo that comes to my house asks the same thing (my poles in my loungeroom) they all love it. Maybe I should try and get some classes run in town so more people can see what it’s all about :p

• Carrington

April 3, 2014 at 4:40 pm

My son 8..has no interest in the pole. My daughter 5 loves the pile and told me she was “born” to do this…She even told me she’s better than me! She is really good at holds..but I have to watch her closely because she will try to jump into a spin with so much momentum. Just keep a watchful eye and monitor them..I think its all good!

• CrazyKosters

April 3, 2014 at 5:06 pm

I personally think it is a great thing if used in the right context. How do we change the world and peoples perceptions? Our children. An example, if every child in the world had never seen a lick of violence, think how the world would be when they grow up and take over.. They take what they learn from us and if we shame it to them, or make it seem like a bad thing then what does that say? If all us polers kids grew up knowing the truth about this sport or dance etc.. then that will be that many more people who are not ignorant to it if that makes sense. I have a hard time explaining things!! Lol

• CrazyKosters

April 3, 2014 at 5:09 pm

I don’t have kids yet but my friends kids play on it. I posted a vid a while ago and so has many of us! I love watching those vids 🙂

April 3, 2014 at 5:09 pm

@crazykosters that is great thinking I have never thought about it like that!

• NessaJa

April 3, 2014 at 5:26 pm

That’s so cute Oakmoma 🙂
    Your daughter sounds like my son, he’s as obsessed as I am, lol. As soon as he’s home from school it’s off with the shirt and up the pole he goes. 🙂 he even helps me count reps when I’m doing exercise, I think I have my very own PT on my hands 🙂 our children are going to be very strong!

• NessaJa

April 3, 2014 at 5:30 pm

I agree, Crazykosters that’s a great way to put it! Awesome thinking! And very true! Thank you 🙂

• Veena

Administrator
    April 3, 2014 at 5:36 pm

When my kids were all smaller we played on the pole a lot together. They still like to use it but not as often. However, Henry and I will still have little play sessions together. 🙂 I think it’s important for kids (and adults) to see pole is what you make it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vCkyjxm1Hk

Page 1 of 3

The forum ‘Discussions’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now