StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Do you let your kids play on your pole?

• NessaJa

April 3, 2014 at 6:03 pm

Veena that is sooo cute and cool! Awesome! Your boys look adorable. But oh my you must be such a busy lady with 4 boys! And you still find time for the site! I am in awe of you!!! Your supermum!! Thank you πŸ™‚

• Veena

Administrator
    April 3, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Thanks! My kids are so much bigger now! 12, 11, 8 and the baby is 5!

• johnssdeere

April 3, 2014 at 8:40 pm

Yes! my kids are ten, three and under a year. They love it. My oldest enjoys inverting and this is a “twerk free zone” when any of them are awake. My three year old recently began inverting from a spin on a 45mm he thinks he’s an acro ninja and puts on funny shows nightly. The baby loves sitting on my lap for a spin. It is exercise and since we aren’t involved with many after school sports it’s a good work out and family time.

• SimpllySweet

April 3, 2014 at 8:58 pm

My grandbaby is 1 1/2 She thinks its great fun to swing and climb with my help. I make a game of it and we stretch together and play with spins. I suppose it’s just a normal part of our life.

• NessaJa

April 3, 2014 at 9:11 pm

I agree Johnssdeere, I’m the same, no booty works when the kiddos are around. πŸ™‚
    Pole is great for getting fit hey, in a few short weeks I could already see and feel changes in my body shape! I need new jeans now :p

• NessaJa

April 3, 2014 at 9:18 pm

Awwww that’s awesome Simpllysweet! What a very cool way to play with the grand kids! Your one awesome Grandma/Nanna in my books πŸ™‚

• Meg Smith

April 4, 2014 at 12:57 am

Yep my nearly 3 year old asks to be taught stuff! Every pole out and about to she likes to have a spin on haha! Simpllysweet – clearly they have coolest gran around!!!

• NessaJa

April 4, 2014 at 1:34 am

How adorable Megsmith! That’s way cute.

• PenelopeAnn

April 4, 2014 at 4:09 am

My kids love playing on my poles too! I have a kids class “Pole Monkeys” and the kids absolutely love it. My seven year old had to give a speech at school that included his favourite room – he told his teacher and class that his favourite room is my studio because it has poles that he can play on! And he’s actually starting to get a six pack! Now if only I could find mine…

• NessaJa

April 4, 2014 at 5:22 am

Oh how cool! That’s a brilliant idea to have a kids class! You rock!
    Haha yes my youngest has a six pack, he weighs heaps for his age and hardly any fat on him lol. Soo envious hahaha

• Chazyeliz

April 4, 2014 at 5:56 am

My little girl is 3 and she loves to swing on the pole. She gets upset if I turn of spinning and make it static lol … She can’t climb it yet so asks me to put her at the top an she slides down … I don’t think there is a problem with letting kids play on it at all Γ°ΕΈΛœΖ’x

• Kiyah

April 4, 2014 at 6:07 am

The kids of the parents where I work can’t wait for Zumba class or any other fitness class to be over and beg their parent to play on them. I often watch them because they are fearless on the pole and attempt many things.

• NessaJa

April 4, 2014 at 6:11 am

Awwww cute! I don’t blame her, hahahaha I think spinning is way more fun than static too πŸ™‚

• NessaJa

April 4, 2014 at 6:17 am

I’m not game to let them play on it when I’m not watching Kiyah, my youngest just realised he’s strong enough to invert a little while ago, I told them if anyone plays on it unsupervised I’ll take it out of the loungeroom and they all moaned NOOOOOOOO…please don’t.
    πŸ™‚ hoping that works. they are even proud of their little hard spots on their hands (calluses) :p

• AllysonKendal

April 4, 2014 at 9:09 am

I love that video Veena!!!! I am slightly lobster obsessed. Lobster is def my spirit animal. I was even a Lobster for halloween…. And your kids are adorable!

I don’t have any issues sharing pole with my son. He is 10. He thinks it’s pretty cool and he isn’t yet aware of the stripper stigma. He isn’t super fascinated with it or anything, but every now and again he’ll ask if he can try something or watch me do something (usually when he is procrastinating cleaning his room or avoiding bedtime.. smart kid, he knows how to distract me!)

People always ask “what if he tells his friends at school?” I’m not really sure what they mean by that. Again, (like everyone else) I’m not wearing Brazilian booty shorts, heels and twerking in front of him. I think he would just say, “my mom has a cool exercise pole that you can climb up and slide down like a fireman” or something to that effect… if he even thought to mention it.

Like most things, if you don’t act like its a big deal then neither do they.

Page 2 of 3

The forum ‘Discussions’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now