StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Does anyone have/use an X-Stage??

• Does anyone have/use an X-Stage??

Posted by equipoise on June 11, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Does anyone have/use an X-Stage free standing pole?? How is it?? I have to get an X-Stage  since I'm not able to install my permanent pole yet!! 

What is it like using one?? 

Ly Kieu Le replied 11 years, 1 month ago 6 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    June 11, 2011 at 6:38 pm

I have one and love it! They now make an X-Stage light which is lower to the ground, if your new to pole dancing I would go with that one. Here is a video of my on the stage. The pole has a bit of wiggle but that is normal because its not attached at the top.

https://www.studioveena.com/videos/view/4dc9b768-1f58-4fd4-814e-68bb0ac37250

• equipoise

June 11, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Thank you Veena!! I am strongly considering getting the X Stage Lite. Another question, currently I weigh more than 250 lbs. I was considering getting the X Pole portable pole (weight limit is 250 lbs) so I would not have to worry about stepping down onto the floor while doing my floor work. But you did say that the X Stage Lite is good for a beginner, were you factoring in floorwork practice for a beginner in your assessment of the X Stage Lite?     

I will be using the pole for strength training primarily, using your Lessons provided, until I build up my body strength to properly perform holds, spins, inverts etc. However, I am concerned that the X Pole might slip even while I am doing my strength training.  (!) 

I will not be performing any pole moves until I am within the weight limit. 

I did not see a weight limit with the X Stage Lite, however. I am just a little bit concerned that the stage is not wide enough (I'm 5'8"), or maybe not conducive enough for floor work as they say it would be. 

Well, that is my dilemma between getting the X Stage Lite or the X Pole, since I see both of them as working for me to a greater extent. I hope that makes sense. I'd appreciate any further comments…. Thanks 

• Veena

Administrator
    June 11, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Its good for a beginner because its closer to the ground. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif Floorwork I would do on the floor, you'll have more space that way.

I think you would be fine doing strength moves, they are closer to the pole and will create less movement then most pole moves and spins.

I believe both stages are the same size but I'm not sure….I'm about 5'8" as well, and I have no problem with the size. Both stages have legs that extend out allowing for a more stable stage.

I'm sure others will have some thought on this as well.

• JeHanne

June 11, 2011 at 9:24 pm

I have an X Stage lite and love it! There is wobble on the pole as Veena says because it is not secured at the top. I got the lite variety because it is a lower profile and also lighter… I drag my pole stuff around myself (too stubborn to ask for help) so lighter was a good thing for me. I like how well engineered it is and is nice looking. It also has stabilizing legs and pegs where you can weight it down under the stage plates (making it even more secure).

The stage size when doing floor work does take some planning or accommodation. I am over six feet tall in heels so when I do splits my ankles hang off. I also can't really do a lot of push up type moves because I run out of space. I just keep that in mind when playing. 

One really nice thing about it is that you do not have to worry about finding a joist. That's sweet! If you have ceiling height less than 10 feet… like I do…  you have to shorten it. Boo! 

The wobble and the stage raised from the floor surface are really the only things that I have noticed that make it different from an Xpole or permanent mount pole. The spin is smooth on it.

Have you contacted X Pole to discuss your concerns regarding weight maximums for their products? They would be a great point of contact to discuss your concerns with since they should know the engineering tolerances.

Wishing you the best of luck in finding the perfect pole for your needs!

• chemgoddess1

June 11, 2011 at 9:29 pm

We have Lites where I teach and I have had guys on it without issue.

You can see them starting at about 5:20 in this video.  And that is me screaming in the background to start and then me in black a little later screaming yet again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD_nJ10wq_E&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_102309

• chemgoddess1

June 11, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Oh,I don't know if any of you have seen the new XPole that was at the Pole Convention.  It attaches to the ceiling with a pivot mount and then can store attached to the ceiling.  So basically you just swing it up out of the way.

• equipoise

June 12, 2011 at 8:32 am

Thank you Thank you for the video and advice!! 

Chemgoddess1, It looks like the top of the pole is inserted in the ceiling. Is that the case??

• chemgoddess1

June 12, 2011 at 10:30 pm

The top of the pole is higher than the ceiling tiles but we cannot remove the ceiling tiles completely due to building codes.  We have cookie cutters that we hot glued onto the tiles that the tops of the poles stick through.  We set the stages up and take them down for class.

• minicoopergrl

June 13, 2011 at 6:34 am

Im 250 as well and I didnt have a single issue being on an Xstage.  They are sturdy as anything to dance on.  The diameter is the same for both reg and the lite – you can order pieces to make your orgin xstage to an xstage lite!   Like everyone said you will experience some wiggle but its totally normal.

• equipoise

June 13, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Thank you Chemgoddess1!! What an ingenius idea!! I will be doing that… 

Minicoopergrl thank you for sharing your experience with the Stage Lite!! It has been really helpful. You are such an inspiration!!! I love your videos!! 

Thank you ALL for the wonderful, helpful advice!!!  I'll keep you all posted on my new experiences with the Stage Lite. Yay!!   https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

• Ly Kieu Le

September 23, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Hello, I came across this thread while looking for a solution for my x-stage lite. I leave it outside for practice in the summer and usually covers it from the sun. Just 2 days ago it suddenly rained as the autumn comes and the stage got wet. The cover was soaking wet but I forgot to clean it until the day after. When I removed the cover, the stage surface was all white. I tried to clean it with water and all the cleaning solutions but none worked. Anyone who owns xstage knows what happened to xstage pole? Please let me know if you know how to fix the problem. Thank you so much!