StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Does anyone work out?

• SaschaPoles

June 3, 2009 at 3:55 pm

what a great thread! i love this one https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif i’ve made veena’s protein shake, when i was having my jaw issues i couldn’t fit anything in my mouth bigger than a straw, and MAN THAT DRINK IS DELICIOUS! it tasted fantastic! i have a question though, is it ok if you DONT strength train?? i only have 4 more passes to the gym before i can ‘t go anymore, and aside from veena’s strength training vids in her lessons (get them if you dont have them, they’re amazing), is that ok to do nothing else but stretch?

• Jessilee

June 16, 2009 at 4:12 pm

Ok so Im trying to workout and get a little, well a lot more toned and in shape in preparation for the arrival of my pole, which im not sure when that is because im still saving to buy it, lol. But has anyone tried the nutiva shakes? Ive heard they’re good for say breakfast shakes or protein.

Veena, could you possibly recommend some exercises to do at home? thanks

I love Nutiva hemp shakes. I mix it with vanilla rice or almond milk, or dairy if I am out of those. I also like to add fruit mostly strawberries or a banana, but I just got an antioxidant mix from whole foods that has blueberries, strawberries, and goji berries and I like it too. I have also been adding a little coconut water for potassium. They have some cool recipes on the containers that I haven’t tried yet. I feel really good in the morning since I have been drinking Nutiva shakes. It is a thicker shake and seedy compared to anything else I have tried, but I am addicted! They have tons of protein and fiber.

I need to do more working out. I mostly do stretching and yoga stuff. I want to add cardio and strength. I have really noticed how weak my arms are since getting my pole.

• PoleDanceABCs

June 16, 2009 at 9:26 pm

I love wheat germ and psyllium. Both are a great source of fiber and protein.

I love to jog with the doggies… Bellydance… Yoga & pilates and other strength traingin workouts…

"Let’s get physical!"

• Poledancefan

June 16, 2009 at 10:09 pm

In the summer I alternate Bike Riding (35 miler), Health Club (exactly 90 minutes), and Pole.

So it’s each activity every third day. But if it is pouring rain, then Bike day is Treadmill day. And of course, Winter means that Bike day is always Treadmill day.

I don’t have a regime at the Bally’s. I use the machines I can get on that are not crowded. But I try to get my fair share of upper and lower body stuff. I go after work, so it’s kind of insane–you just get the machine you can get, and that’s about it, LOL!

I’m too lazy to prepare Supps…but I usually grab an over the counter shake by one of the organic companies, like Odwalla. They usually have either soy powder extract or whey powder extract–or something like that. They are kind of chalky, but I actually like the taste now! There just happens to be a tiny little upscale grocer right off the bike path in LaGrange…he’s got a whole rack of shakes for about 2.99$ a bottle…

Joel

Page 2 of 2