StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Excited Beginner

• Excited Beginner

Posted by PrettyDaja on April 24, 2014 at 7:02 pm

Ok, so I just received my xpole. I haven’t even put it up yet and I’m already thinking about tricks I want to learn eventually. My question is, should I go to a class first before learning how to do handstands and going upside down on a pole? Just so i can have a spotter? The last time I’ve done a successful cartwheel was nearly 16 years ago. Now, I have taken at least 8 pole classes in the last year so I know like 5 basic moves. Please give me some advice!

JenLFG replied 10 years, 6 months ago 6 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Webmaster

Administrator
    April 24, 2014 at 7:11 pm

Veena’s lessons here are a great start. They are organized in such a way that you will build strength first and progress into moves in a way that will help to insure your safety and success.

• PrettyDaja

April 24, 2014 at 10:36 pm

Okay, thank you! I just wanted make sure I would be ok😊

• Lee lee

April 25, 2014 at 12:02 am

There is a lesson on here for a Reverse Handstand, that should be a great place to start to get used to them. I learnt my basic inverts through a studio, but because all of the other lessons have been quite helpful, I imagine that one would be too. If you are worried about falling, get a crash mat or arrange some couch cushions/pillows underneath you whilst practicing.

• CrazyKosters

April 25, 2014 at 2:08 am

Yay! I would be careful with inverts until you know you are strong and comfortable with it and ,ake sure your hands and legs are grippy lol. Spotters are good IF they know how to properly spot. I like the lessons here. They are easy to understand and follow and take safety first. There are also free lessons on youtube etc.. but be careful with those, a lot of them are not educated on anatomy and physiology and some are just outright horrible and will set you up for injury if your not careful. Just my 2 cents 🙂

• CrazyKosters

April 25, 2014 at 2:08 am

*make*

• Anzia

April 25, 2014 at 4:39 am

Wholeheartedly support the recommendation of Veena’s lessons on here! I attend pole class as well, and even with face-to-face tuition, the lessons here have been transformational. It’s like having a pole instructor in my living room! Veena responds so quickly and helpfully to any queries as well. When you compare the annual price on here to what you’d pay for group classes for a year, it’s a total bargain. Also, there is a strong focus here on correct posture/muscle usage and good form that is so helpful for laying down good foundations. Really, really recommend you consider getting the lessons! 😀

• JenLFG

April 25, 2014 at 9:08 am

that is so exciting!
    i learned to pole from watching tutorials online, here at StudioVeena & on youtube. personally i learn best going at my own pace. i would recommend investing in a good crash mat before you start to invert, i like the 6inch thick crash mat from yoga direct. & of course make sure you are strong enough to do moves before you try them & make sure you have proper form/grips. when i was really new to pole i hurt my shoulder pretty bad from doing things i wasn’t ready for. oh & make sure you know how to get out of moves before you get in to them, lol. that sounds silly but when you are alone learning you can get in a move for the first time & then when you are ready to get out of it it’s like “oh crap! how do i get down without killing myself” lol.
    all in all i say learning online is the way to go!

The forum ‘Discussions’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now