StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Facebook Isn’t Posting My Pole Vids!

• Facebook Isn’t Posting My Pole Vids!

Posted by AnnVann on March 29, 2014 at 7:26 pm

The first time I tried to post, they claimed they were suspicious of a possible music piracy… I wrote to explain what I was using was legal, so it posted. This time, I made sure the music was fuzzy and in the waaaay background, so it wouldn’t set off the “alarm”, and not only did it not post, it said I was blocked because of questionable content, and/or a list of other possibilities. How do you guys do it?

poleplayer replied 10 years, 6 months ago 7 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • PolePrincessbrittiejean

March 30, 2014 at 7:36 am

Someone on your friends list has to be reporting them….even copyrighted videos have to be reported before they come to fb attention….so sounds like you got a hater on ur friends list

• Lina Spiralyne

March 30, 2014 at 8:20 am

Are you sure someone has to report? I’ve been in the situation a couple of times that someone have sent me pictures over the chat and I couldn’t see them because of “content unavailable” and some note about copyright. No one could have reported it since it was just between the two of us. It was a few months ago, I don’t know if their rules have been changed since then.

• AnnVann

March 30, 2014 at 10:12 am

The first time (possible music issue), I explained, and the block was lifted immediately. This time, it never even posted first… I was just blocked. So maybe because there was a “prior”, I now flag it? Also, since the first two posted, wouldn’t they no longer be viewable, if the block was due to a hater? I can still see them there…

• PolePrincessbrittiejean

March 30, 2014 at 2:42 pm

They must have changed it when the new privacy policies went into effect a couple months of go

• chemgoddess1

March 30, 2014 at 4:26 pm

Typically “content not available” is due to whatever video or image or even member has its privacy set.

• CrazyKosters

March 30, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Your friends don’t have to report you, facebook has a filter that filters through videos for copyright music etc..that is listed with the RIAA I believe. It happens automatically. Mine have been deleted before to. I asked about this here the other day and how to get around it. Unless you want to get multiple licenses to use music for internet. Try this site to download music that has a creative common license to use with video and streaming. Just check the license on each songs page (on the right hand side) to make sure because they all can be a little different. It will tell you how you are allowed to use the music. Most are ok as long as it isn’t for commercial use. The other way around it is to post it here and use the share your video with facebook link. Apparently this way it won’t get filtered. Here is that site for music. I have downloaded songs and had no problem. You don’t even need to sign up.
    http://freemusicarchive.org/curator/video

• CrazyKosters

March 30, 2014 at 4:53 pm

Also, they will remove your video posting capabilities if your videos get removed to many times for copyright.

• AnnVann

March 30, 2014 at 7:26 pm

That last thing you said, CrazyKosters, is probably what’s happening. I kept trying to upload again and again, thinking “I” was doing something wrong. They would see that as many different attempts. aka infractions.
    I did try to upload it from StudioVeena, but it still didn’t go through.

• CrazyKosters

March 30, 2014 at 7:34 pm

That sucks! I would contact facebook and maybe they can fix it or at least let you know if thats what happened. Maybe if you explain that you thought it was an error and you won’t do it again they will give it back? Not sure.

• Webmaster

Administrator
    March 30, 2014 at 7:48 pm

Did it successfully upload to StudioVeena.com? If so to share it to facebook you just visit the video page and click the share bar.

• AnnVann

March 30, 2014 at 9:21 pm

Yes, Webby, it did upload here. I did try to use your sharing button, but it didn’t post on my wall. I really think fb has blocked all my video-posting attempts. I will contact fb to straighten it out.

• Webmaster

Administrator
    March 30, 2014 at 9:30 pm

It shouldn’t be an upload issue. Perhaps a problem with your browser. Have you tried a different browser?

• AnnVann

April 1, 2014 at 12:18 am

No, but I will look into that. Thank you! 🙂

• poleplayer

April 1, 2014 at 10:46 am

Hey, I just blogged about this! I knew that “third party content” such as the songs that we often choreograph to are identified by an automated system – So, before posting anything, I contacted the managers or musicians to ask for permission to post. I actually heard back from a bunch of them and got the ok. In my emails, it was stated that it was not for profit, gave compliments on the music, and offered to post their webpage or where to buy the music. You will often not hear back from the larger names: the king of pop will not answer, but young, up-and-coming artists will sometimes answer. That is a great excuse to look into new music and support those unsigned or on smaller labels!

Here is what I accomplished last week on my playlist:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnR_OkSBSV3KYV44FwHKzGn5j_sDl-xCl

The forum ‘Discussions’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now