StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Fallen off the wagon again…

• Flexx10

June 10, 2011 at 6:03 am

I totally understand your not wanting to take meds!  The only natural thing that works for me is running!  Not sure if you are a runner or not…

In my opinion we are all runners, some of us just aren't aware of it yet https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif 

I've solved many problems during my runs! 

• LoneStarDiva

June 10, 2011 at 8:55 am

Here's a pretty informative site for St. John's Wort:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/329.html

• pegasusaerialfitness

June 11, 2011 at 8:19 am

I'm in my 40's and have been around the block a few times….so.that being said. I find it a lot easier to be true to my own natural clock. Eat when you are hungry, sleep when you are tired, and pole when you feel like it. And be Okay with that. This is your life, don't live it with someone else's standards. Trust yourself and know thyself. if you are bored, than do something that interests you. I find that being creative, painting, drawing, singing, or making something can help bring me out of my funk. Teach yourself how to do something…for example.. Make a model airplane or learn to crochet. Keep your mind young and inspired with doing things you don't normally do. There once was a time in my life that I think I slept for almost 6 months in a sense…and then one day the light went on and I decided to open my own business..that was my path. I knew it with all my heart and soul, and I wouldn't have gotten there without the "low time" to quiet my mind and help me discover my "core" being… Look at this 'funk" as a time of growth and be open to what it is telling you..so ask yourself and be open to the anwer, no matter how bizare that anwer is. Then take the steps to get there, and be open to any tools that might be nescessary to get there. Whether it be Saint John's Wart or what ever it is. 

Oh PS.. I use Insure(the drink, chocolate is good0 for snacks or a piece of cheese. It only takes a second and there you have a "meal"

• Runemist34

June 11, 2011 at 9:50 am

Pegasus, I can't thank you enough. I think that's totally what I needed to hear. I'm very bad for comparing myself to others, and thinking that I "should" be doing something, even when I don't want to. On the topic of sleep…well, yes, it is easier to go with my own, current body clock…but when one opens the store at 9am, like this morning, one cannot usually sleep in till 12! It's unfortunate, but true. And, I know I will eventually be healthier for the change in sleep schedule, because I'll end up sleeping correctly (not getting distracted by things like husband, cat, or stuff outside!), I won't oversleep as often, and I can be more active. Sounds strange, but I'm actually more active during the day, IF I'm awake during the day!

But yes, I totally see what you're saying. And, I agree with you. Thank you 🙂

Oh yeah, and I'm gonna probably buy some of those Insure things…because I like them, they're tasty, and you have a good point. Lunch at work would be a lot easier with those, too!

• pegasusaerialfitness

June 11, 2011 at 12:34 pm

You are so welcome…..Darn work:) Really gets in the way of the creative process. Be good and kind to yourself.

Page 2 of 2