StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Floorwork help needed!

• Floorwork help needed!

Posted by Runemist34 on February 9, 2015 at 11:18 pm

Hey everyone!
    So, I’ve endeavored to try to enhance my floorwork- I don’t have a lot of floor to work, but I’d like to use what I have, at the very least!
    However, there is one (possibly more, I haven’t gotten that far!) move that I’m having issues with. I forget what it’s called, but it would be a moving from lying on the belly to a sitting position- bum up the whole way, keeping chest down. It can also be done in reverse, of course, going from sitting to lying on the belly, with chest down first and bum being the very last.
    It is, of course, very sexy, and I have seen nearly EVERY pole dancer do it! I’m not sure why I never tried it, but… this issue may be why?
    I’m on carpet. I have a large chest (I mean it, seriously).
    Am I supposed to be squishing my chest into the floor and rubbing it all the way till I’m fully flattened out on the ground?? That sounds particularly uncomfortable, and considering the probably state of my shirt after, somewhat indecent.
    Otherwise, when I do it without rubbing my chest the whole way down, I find that it looks a little strange. Maybe it’s just me.
    Thoughts?

Tamarinda replied 9 years, 7 months ago 6 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • I polekat I

February 10, 2015 at 5:11 am

ahaahhhaa yes this move can be really ungainly, considering how sexy it is haha! i personally find it easier to go backwards (up to sitting, rather than down to lying) for that very reason – it feels uncomfortable to drag your chest along the floor… but then pushing your chest down helps you keep your bum high! and my hands always seem to end up in an odd position! =P i think the best way to do this is to try keep most of the weight in your hands while pushing the bum up, that way you can just very lightly brush your chest along the floor – so you have the illusion of pushing chest into the floor without so much of the weight, so you glide a little smoother …. =)

• Phoenix Hunter

February 10, 2015 at 11:37 am

does this one look kind of like a sexy push up but you are sliding down onto your stomach? if so, I understand your uncomfortableness with this one. I have to hover a little bit above the ground so it is really is like a push up for me. my hands take most of the weight. you have to really use your muscles for this one. and yes, doing this one in reverse is so much easier!

• Lucca Valentine

February 10, 2015 at 11:44 am

ditto to what the girls said, if you fully drag your chest it makes things look less fluid (even with a small chest!)…and like you mentioned, leave your shirt in ruins! it really is like a push up with the weight almost exclusively in your hands and most of the control coming from your core. strong upper body and good core control is your friend here! it takes a surprising amount of strength for being such a “basic” move!

• Veena

Administrator
    February 10, 2015 at 12:04 pm

3:09 ish I don’t push my chest into the floor. You should get a good look at the move here, if you are talking about a tush push?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsf1j46BA8o

• Runemist34

February 10, 2015 at 8:32 pm

Yep, pretty much that exact move right there!
    I *can* do it without rubbing my chest on the ground, I guess I just think it looks a little weird.
    Also, when I’m doing it, my shoulders do this… thing. It looks just like your shoulders at exactly 3:11 of that particular (fantastic) video, where it seems your shoulders come up, and your spine seems to sink down in between them? I’m not sure what (if anything) I’m doing wrong.
    Just so much worrying! I should enjoy it anyways. I’ll keep practicing!

• Lucca Valentine

February 10, 2015 at 9:34 pm

ummmmm Veena that video is the hotness!!! :O lovvvvveeee!!!!

• Veena

Administrator
    February 10, 2015 at 10:08 pm

I think you are over thinking Runmist 💜 with most floor work it’s not going to hurt you to experiment a little and see how your body likes to move.

Thank you, Lucca, I miss being creative with my dancing! Most of my good stuff is old lol

• Tamarinda

February 10, 2015 at 11:08 pm

I cheat this move by doing it on my forearms most of the time because it makes it easier and the movement comes easier. I lay on my stomach with my forearms by my side. I tilt my pelvis and stick my bum up then push my bum all the way back using my forearms to push. I try and emphasize that arch and then when my bum can’t go back any farther I do the reverse and hollow my back and let the movement travel up my back while getting up onto my arms at the same time.

I struggled with this move a lot and found most of my problems went away when I began using forearms instead of hands.