StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions For beginners

• For beginners

Posted by Schlumpfine on February 7, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Hey guys!

Yesterday I got my first Pole and found this great site. The problem is that I don't really know how to start poling. I do ballett since 4 years, so I don't have problems with any strechings. I love dancing very much, but when I'm standing in front of the pole I don't know what move would be the best for beginners.

I'd be very thankful if you could give me some tip's (:

Greetings from Germany!

MsBKitty replied 13 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Runemist34

February 7, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Hey!

For beginners, I would certainly reccommend giving Veena's lessons a try. Even for a month, just to check it out; they give you a great idea as to what you can work on, things you can try, and has strength and stretching exercises, too.

Otherwise, you can look on youtube. Many "beginner" videos will just show all kinds of slow dancing, a little bit of turns and things, some floor work…but some of them are good. 

However, I would say…PLEASE make sure you're careful! I know ballet requires an impressive amount of flexibility and strength, a lot of control, but this form of dance is very demanding, too. You can really mess something up if you get into a move and suddenly realize you don't have the strength to pull it off! 

Also, it's great to have you here! We're always happy to have new people around https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif

• JeHanne

February 7, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Hello!

I am new to pole and just found this site. I got the video lessons featured on this site and they are amazing!

I am also looking at YouTube videos for inspiration and ideas on how people put their routines together. 

Good luck and have fun!

JeHanne

• MsBKitty

February 8, 2011 at 11:29 pm

Jamilla DeVille has a "Routines" DVD that you may want to take a peek at after visiting Veena's site…