StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Free hand, what do you do?

• Cherished

May 18, 2011 at 3:46 pm

When I first started trying to figure out what to do with my free arm, my little rule for myself was to not let my hand drop below my waist during practise. Imagine that you have to keep it up there at all costs.

• phoenix kazree

May 18, 2011 at 11:14 pm

Thank you Cherished:)

OK LopsiJulie, I watched your video a few times. I see your problem. I'm gonna post my suggestions to you on your video page. If you want a pole pirouette video with arms, you got it. I'll try to post it in the next few days.

• Runemist34

May 18, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Ahh, Phoenix, you're so nice! I LOVED your video, by the way, it was beautiful! I really liked your thought on "your arms as an extension of your back." You're so expressive with your dancing, it was great to watch!

And, if you want to put up more with spins and pirouettes, I'm all for that, too! 😀

• LopsiJulie

May 19, 2011 at 1:13 am

YEY!  Yeah… I never realized I shrivelled up while spinning (twirl).  Thanks SO MUCH!  I cannot wait to post an updated video and be like "now everyone drool!"  hahahaha!  Pheonix, I absolutely loved the angles and curves your body made and your arms were just a part of that 🙂

Someday I will dance pretty darn it!

• Runemist34

May 23, 2011 at 2:50 am

I tried some stuff with arm movement the other day, and found it rather fun! Also very involved, for me, but I'm sure it'll come in time! I am having some troubles with spins, though, as I tend to "be ready" just in case, if I'm doing a one-handed spin, or else I'm doing a two handed spin, and I'm not sure how to gracefully get into the spin with my hand.

Also, how about arm movements with a bit more speed? I love the slow stuff, but I always wonder about different styles! Perhaps I'll have to check some out 😉

Page 2 of 2