StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Gemini help

• Gemini help

Posted by Yanille79 on June 1, 2013 at 10:24 pm

Hi guys. So I just tried the Gemini for the first time but u can’t seem to grip the pole correctly with my knee Pitt. Anyone have any tips in what I am doing wrong. So frustrating. Maybe my basic invert isn’t sting enough. I tried 4 times and from floor. Ill try again tomorrow .:( any tips if appreciate thanks 🙂

Kate O replied 11 years, 4 months ago 6 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • RobinMichelle

June 2, 2013 at 12:17 am

I was having the same problem.  My instructor told me to make it so there was no daylight between my knee pit and the pole.  Doing it from the floor really helped me find positioning. You may need someone to tell you when you have no daylight peeking through so you know what that feels like for your leg.  I think for me I also had to angle my foot so it was pointing downward. I hope some of this helps.  

• Veena

Administrator
    June 2, 2013 at 12:18 am

Yanille, I replied to your question you left on the lesson for ya. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif

• Yanille79

June 2, 2013 at 12:19 am

Thanks guys really helps!

• SkylerWither

June 3, 2013 at 9:26 am

What helps me make sure I have a good knee grip is to invert into an open v, which brings my knees past the pole. This allows me to really lock the pole into my knee pit when I being it back to the pole. It helps me lock into every nook and cranny I need and it helps build strength too!

• Dancing Paws

June 3, 2013 at 12:21 pm

dropping the hanging leg low helps you lock into place. If it's too high, the grip isn't as good. I had troble with my body being too vertical initially. You really need to focus on trying to make your body more flat, arch the upper back and drop that free leg low.

• Kate O

June 3, 2013 at 12:49 pm

For me, it was really pushing my hips forward that finally helped me to lock it – I didn't feel secure until I did this. Also agree on having no gap between your knee pit and the pole and pointing the foot downwards, this feels weird at first but once you've got it once it just clicks 🙂 good luck!