StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Getting started

• Getting started

Posted by Lindz1980 on August 23, 2014 at 6:44 pm

Hi
    I am totally new to pole dancing – so new infact that I’ve never even tried it! There are no classes near me at all and I am just about to buy a pole – do you have any recomendations for exercises that I can get started with without one? THanks xx

Lindz1980 replied 10 years, 2 months ago 6 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Webmaster

Administrator
    August 23, 2014 at 6:54 pm

There are a bunch of lessons here that condition you for pole but can be performed without one.

• Webmaster

Administrator
    August 23, 2014 at 6:54 pm

Use the code GET3FREE to try the lessons out.

• Lindz1980

August 23, 2014 at 7:06 pm

thanks 🙂

• Alexis Corinne

August 23, 2014 at 9:23 pm

Work on floor work, stretching, strength and conditioning.

Seriously take it from someone who is a true beginner herself. You’ll need it! Welcome!

• CrazyKosters

August 24, 2014 at 1:15 am

Yes the lessons here are great and are well worth the price of membership. Things like other dancing types like lyrical, jazz, ballet and hip hop. Yoga and pilates are wonderful additions to any dance or exercise routines especially pole imo. Pole is a whole body workout so really anything will help.

• Pretty Pixie

August 24, 2014 at 6:03 am

I think it depends on what you want your pole dancing to be like. Are you all about the strength? Then work on push ups, planks, chin ups, rows, full sit ups, or Pilates; you don’t need a pole at all. If you’re all about sexy flexiness, work on yoga or Cleo’s rocking legs n abs. No pole necessary. Maybe you want to learn good texhnique right off the bat? I’d say try out some ballet barre workouts. Great for learning turnout and proper form. No need for a pole or barre, usually a chair will do. 🙂 hope there are plenty of ideas for you to get started!

• Lindz1980

August 24, 2014 at 7:38 am

Thanks so much ladies 🙂 Really helpful – been so inspired watching the videos, excited to get started xx

• angel6101

August 24, 2014 at 9:13 am

Doing conditioning exercises for strength and form are definitely going to be helpful for you. Doing online lessons will give you a great start but if it’s within your ability getting out and doing some training at expo, events will help tremendously because sometimes even though we understand the instructor without someone looking at you saying “no angle that knee like this” it can cause some issues as you advanced. Look into doing some Skype lessons with an instructor too. I have students that have moved and do them with me occasionally just to either get new material or make sure something they’ve been working on is correct.

• Lindz1980

August 24, 2014 at 4:36 pm

Good tips, thanks! Like the skype idea…where I live is probably about 3.5 hour drive to the nearest pole studio! MAybe could book a few lessons over a weekend or something though and go every couple months for a top up..x

The forum ‘Discussions’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now