StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Greta Pontarelli Pacific Pole Championships, she is 61!!!

• Lyme Lyte

May 21, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Never heard of Barbarella. I will check into both these women tomorrow. Time for bed for both of us!

• pegasusaerialfitness

May 22, 2012 at 9:42 pm

I couldnt find out exactly how long she has poled…but the word on the street is "not for very long" …some poeple have all the talent and luck!

• LizzyLiz810

May 23, 2012 at 12:28 pm

I met Greta at Pole 2 Pole Cup USA last month, and it was announced that she is 61. She has been poling for 2 years!! 

• pegasusaerialfitness

May 23, 2012 at 1:46 pm

thanks LizzyLiz…we were all wondering:)

• firebird

May 23, 2012 at 2:26 pm

I actually was one of the judges for this event @PPC, & she blew my mind — to me she was the top in her category, bummed that she didn’t come in 1st (VERY close 2nd tho)… Greta if ur out there reading this, everyone down @ my studio (FPF in San Diego) is totally inspired by you & wants to see more of u — be expecting a more formal invite from us to perform at one of our semi-annual shows in the near future… But til then, please come & visit us anytime. You are sensational… Loved ur passion too, it really comes thru all ur movement, on & off the pole.

• ds102800

May 23, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Greta is definitely amazing!  She has so much strength!  I'm fortunte to be able to practice along side her.  She is a member at Pole Kraze in Murrieta, CA.  Taught by Kiki Leigh.  Side note: Greta was on TV for the American Ninja Warrior tryouts that played on G4TV this past Sunday. 

• ds102800

May 23, 2012 at 11:38 pm

I should have been more specific… American Ninja Warrior aired on 5/20/2012.

• Mary Ellyn

May 24, 2012 at 12:07 am

I talked to her at the comp too. Very sweet and lovely lady! Her enthusiasm in her performance was incredible!

• Tali Kat

May 24, 2012 at 1:04 am

Wow, she is amazing!!! What an inspiration <3

• Veena

Administrator
    May 24, 2012 at 10:56 am

Thank you for sharing this JeHanne! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif

• JeHanne

May 24, 2012 at 11:07 am

You are welcome Veena!!! I felt that she could inspire many of us! 🙂

• KikiLeigh

May 24, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Hey girls,
    Greta is reading all of your posts. She says she is glad to help inspire people all over the world. I’m glad she finally got into competition. Yes, she is 61, soon to be 62 (wish her a happy birthday in november). Her youtube account is actually that of her son, which is why the age is 31. Nonetheless, she has the spirit of any youth I’ve seen and works at least twice as hard as anyone else I know.

• KikiLeigh

May 24, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Ps you can check out her American Ninja Warrior run at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD2H7vuPov4
    Kiki Leigh
    Pole Kraze

• KikiLeigh

May 24, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Sorry, wrong link! But that is her most recent performance. Here’s the amw http://youtu.be/kibfr27ic3E

• pegasusaerialfitness

May 24, 2012 at 2:59 pm

wow…she's awesome! No excuses anymore…non of us can play the 'oh….poor me.. I'm old"

Page 2 of 2